Q. How can I protect my eyes from damage while using computer?

Dr. Neha Rathi

I need advice regarding my eyes. I use computer up to 18 hours daily. I want to protect my eyes form damage as well. So let me know if any type of glasses is available. If so, then what is the name and characteristics of lenses used for protection from computer screen?

#

The disease that you can have is computer vision syndrome. If you are working for so long. In this, the blinking rate of eyes is reduced due to constantly staring at the screen which can cause dry eyes because in every blink our eyes are hydrated. So, in order to reduce that you have to do 20-20 exercise, that means after every 20 minutes of your work look at a distance and relax.

Now for your query about glasses we have antireflective coated glasses in the market to reduce the flickering light energy of computer to affect our retina.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|