Q. I had 15 Regestrone tablets. What are the expected side effects?

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 19, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 20, 2019

I have taken 15 Regesterone tablets at once. Now having pain. Is there any side effect of this?

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetology General Practitioner
#

Norethisterone is progesterone-like a hormone, usually used to correct menstruation-related problems. It is never taken in such high doses. Taking such a high dose can cause a lot of unexpected side effects, including breast enlargement, pain in the chest, nausea, blurring of eyes, dizziness, and fainting, etc. One should not take such high doses. These type of medications should not be taken with out proper prescriptions. Now you will have to wait for a day or two till the whole drug goes out of the system.

Can I take Primolut N 5 mg along with a regular contraceptive pill?

Query: Hi doctor, I am taking tablet Primolut N 5 mg three times a day for bleeding. I am using it for a short-term period. Once my bleeding stops, I will stop using it. Can I take Primolut N 5 mg along with my regular oral contraceptive pill?  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Primolut N 5 mg (Norethisterone) is a hormonal medication used to delay periods and after stopping it, it can cause withdrawal bleeding within one to two weeks and can cause unscheduled bleeding or irregular periods or spotting. When you are taking oral contraceptives p...  Read Full

Do I need to take Pause 500 to stop my heavy menstrual bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old, sexually inactive woman. My present weight is 77 kg and I have PCOD. Two months back, I tried a weight loss medication and my last period started on 12th, two months before. First I had spotting for 10 days and started bleeding heavily after that and it did not sto...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bleeding that started after missing Regestrone (Norethisterone) for three days is your withdrawal bleed where endometrial shed has started because you missed daily pills. Now, this endometrium cannot be repaired again by Regesterone once the bleeding has started. S...  Read Full

I had four I-pills in a span of two weeks and my periods are delayed. Any advice?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is away from the past one and half years due to his work. I visited him for 15 days. I had my normal periods there on the 31st of last month. Since I got a bit anxious about getting pregnant, I had four I-pills in these two weeks for protection. I then returned back on the 1...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After you have finished taking tablet Regestrone (Norethisterone), you will have to wait for 15 days to get your periods. If you do not get it in 15 days, you have to repeat the urine pregnancy test and visit your gynecologist. Please do not take emergency contrace...  Read Full