Respiratory Health

What is the alternate medicine for chest pain, cough and arm pain other than Aspirin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having chest pain, bad cough and feeling uneasy with pain in arms for a long. I do not have Aspirin at home. What can be an easily available alternative at this time?  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better to take care of this cough because coughing for a long time in highly polluted cities may cause pneumonia or tuberculosis. So I suggest the following medications: Tablet Hicet (Cetirizine) 0-0-1, Azee 500 (Azithromycin) 1-0-0, Combiflam 1-0-1, syrup Tu...  Read Full »

Can chemotherapy cause emboli formation?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient has stage 3 rectal cancer. He had brachytherapy radiation last summer. Through surgery, they removed the rectum, surrounding mesorectal fat and involved lymph nodes. Pathology declared radiation to be a complete response and no cancer found. FOLFOX chemo has begun before 14 mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Yes, it appears to be secondary to chemotherapy induced thrombosis. It is usually secondary to development of venous thrombi usually in deeper veins of the legs. Prolonged bed rest could be an additional factor alon...  Read Full »

What do you think about drinking water from copper vessels?

Query: Hello doctor, I read about the ancient practice of drinking water from copper vessels. Is it really good for health? My 3 year old son has wheezing and respiratory problems. Also, once he was admitted to hospital for sepsis. He is using the Foracort inhaler twice a day and Zincovit syrup once a day....  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Our elders and seers advise us to take water stored in a copper vessel, and scientifically it has been proven too. Copper has antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. So, you can take water stored in a copper vessel and giv...  Read Full »

My mother is suffering from respiratory problem, and her Hb count is 9.6. What is the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 36 years old, and she is suffering from the respiratory problem from last two days, her hemoglobin count is 9.6, can you please tell what causes this problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your question and would like to tell you that respiratory problems can be due to allergic or due to infection. Her Haemoglobin could be due to dietary deficiency. Give her iron-rich diet like dates, banana, and green leafy vegetables. If the respi...  Read Full »

Severe Pain In My Xiphoid Process

Query: Hi doctor,I think it is weird, but my xiphoid process has come out. It is paining a lot. I am 18 years old. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have xiphodynia, and it means pain and tenderness in the xiphoid process. Following are the common causes regarding pain in the xiphoid process. Trauma or injury to the xiphoid area. Bone disease.  Emphysema-like respiratory problem. Cardiac problems. Liver and gal...  Read Full »

CPAM type 3 lesion with ratio 0.6. Will it cause any problem to the baby?

Query: Hello doctor, CPAM type 3 lesions, but ratio is 0.6. Will it cause a serious problem after birth for my baby?  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and understand your concern. As there is no chromosomal abnormalities in your baby, there is most likely no problem in future but continuous monitoring is important in your case.  Read Full »

Will bronchoscopy help to treat my uncle's collapsed lungs?

Query: Hi doctor, My uncle has been admitted to a hospital, after a week of high-grade fever along with a cough, which gradually increased. They took a chest x-ray and blood tests and confirmed that it is pneumonia, and my uncle was on O2. He was also suspected for swine flu, and we waited for the reports,...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) This history seems to be of acute viral pneumonitis, probably due to a new unknown strain or H1N1. Sometimes, cultures may be negative while he can still harbor it. The CT scan is suggestive of ...  Read Full »