Q. What causes respiratory problem in a 36-year-old?

Dr. Nazma Parveen
Published on Jun 25, 2019

My mother is 36 years old, and she is suffering from the respiratory problem from last two days, her hemoglobin count is 9.6, can you please tell what causes this problem?

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have read through your question and would like to tell you that respiratory problems can be due to allergic or due to infection. Her Haemoglobin could be due to dietary deficiency. Give her iron-rich diet like dates, banana, and green leafy vegetables. If the respiratory problem is due to infection, then she may need an antibiotic course.

For now, steam inhalation will help to relieve her. Steam inhalation with menthol twice daily. If her condition does not improve in two days, get her checked by a physician. If her Hemoglobin does not improve in one month, get a complete blood profile done to know the cause of anemia. I hope that answers your question. If you have any further questions, please feel free to write.

| 

Bronchitis vs. Pneumonia

Article Overview: Bronchitis and pneumonia both are lung conditions and cause similar symptoms, so it becomes difficult to tell them apart. Both these illnesses affect the airways and cause cough and discomfort.  Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan
Pulmonologist

Most people recover quickly from a cold and flu, but in some, it might lead to bronchitis or pneumonia. Bronchitis and pneumonia both are lung conditions and cause similar symptoms, so it becomes difficult to tell them apart. Both these illnesses affect the airways and cause cough and discomfort. It...  Read Article

High Hemoglobin Levels: Is It Dangerous?

Article Overview: High hemoglobin levels or polycythemia can be due to smoking, dehydration, or heart problems. This article describes the types and treatment options for polycythemia. Read Article

Dr. Kks
Hematologist

When Is the Hemoglobin Level Considered to Be High? According to the conventional definition, it is considered as high hemoglobin when levels are more than 18.5 g/dL for men and 16.5 g/dL for women. High hemoglobin levels are associated with high hematocrit (also called as PCV) levels which are def...  Read Article

Am I a beta-thalassemia carrier with the hemoglobin A2 level of 4.3?

Query: Hello doctor, I was just wondering for a second opinion on some results which I have received being 8+4 weeks pregnant. My FBC was normal but my hemoglobin A2 Level is 4.3 and it says the normal range is 1.5 to 3.6. But I just wanted to know if this definitely means I am a carrier of beta-thalassem...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now