Q. What causes respiratory problem in a 36-year-old?

Dr. M. A. Toyeb, Nazma Parveen

My mother is 36 years old, and she is suffering from the respiratory problem from last two days, her hemoglobin count is 9.6, can you please tell what causes this problem?

#

I have read through your question and would like to tell you that respiratory problems can be due to allergic or due to infection. Her Haemoglobin could be due to dietary deficiency. Give her iron-rich diet like dates, banana, and green leafy vegetables. If the respiratory problem is due to infection, then she may need an antibiotic course.

For now, steam inhalation will help to relieve her. Steam inhalation with menthol twice daily. If her condition does not improve in two days, get her checked by a physician. If her Hemoglobin does not improve in one month, get a complete blood profile done to know the cause of anemia. I hope that answers your question. If you have any further questions, please feel free to write.

|