Q. My sister has symptoms of COVID-19. Will the prescribed medicines help?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 29, 2020
height 5'4" weight 67 kg, age 28 ,
my sister has preliminary symptoms of covid-19 , the family doctor has suggested home quarantine, she has a separate room.
symptoms include : sore throat, headache, high fever, body ache, cough (no dry), some rash formation on skin.
i just want to confirm the medication, medication prescribed to her, they are
1) Azit 500 mg
2) softin 10 mg
3) paracetamol
4) cough syrup having Acefylline Piperazine
the dosage is recommended for 5 days

Dr. Zubayeralam

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

hi thanx for the query. I can understand ur concern. according to ur statement u have been suffering from sore throat,headache,high fever, bodyache,cough with rashes and ur family doctor's preliminary assumption is Covid-19 positive. she is has been home quarantined and ur query is whether the medications that she has been taken is correct according to her symptoms or not. yes her current medications r absolutely right according to her sufferings.she can gurgle with salt mixed luke warm water 3-4times daily. monitor her oxygen saturation rate by pulse oximetry.and if possible then do the antigen and antibody test for Covid-19. if her clinical symptoms r improved by taking her current medications,then let her continue her medications. but if symptoms r not totally improved then inform me and i will try to lessen her suffering. in case of any other query knock me and I will try to reply u further.

| 
thank you doctor, thanks a lot, i will inform you if the condition does not improve, thank you for your kind reply

Dr. Zubayeralam

# hi
thank you too. u r most welcome. and it's my duty.thank u again.

|