Q. My sister has symptoms of COVID-19. Will the prescribed medicines help?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 04, 2021

My sister is 28 years old with a weight of 67 kilograms and a height of five feet four inches. My sister is having some preliminary symptoms of COVID-19. My family doctor suggested home quarantine. She survives in a separate room. She has symptoms like sore throat, headache, high fever, body ache, cough, and some rashes on the skin. Currently, she is taking Azit 500 mg, Softin 10 mg, Paracetamol, and cough syrup containing Acefylline piperazine for five days. Is this fine?

#

I understand your concern. According to your statement, your sister is having some preliminary symptoms of COVID-19 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2). She is having a sore throat, headache, high fever, body ache, and cough with rashes. Your doctor's assumption is COVID-19 positive. She is in-home quarantine and you need to know whether her medications are enough to overcome the symptoms. Her current medications are absolutely right according to her suffering. She needs to gargle her mouth with salt mixed with lukewarm water three to five times daily. Monitor her oxygen saturation rate by pulse oximetry and if possible, do antigen and antibody test for COVID-19. If her clinical symptoms get improved with her current medications, then she can continue taking medications. If there is no improvement, kindly consult a doctor immediately for having further management.

Thanks for guiding us.

#

You are most welcome.

|