Q. My son has ROP in both eyes. What precautions should I take for his eyesight?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Published on Jan 29, 2018

My son is 2 years old and has ROP issue in both eyes. The left eye is lasered and has -5 number. And the right eye has -1 number. I am very worried. Kindly suggest what I should do. And what precaution should I take to keep his eyes healthy?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Give your child glasses.

Get his eyesight checked with glasses. If there is any amblyopia, start patching therapy. His power will increase with an increase in age. Power usually becomes stable at the age of 18 to 21 years.

I am sorry, but there is no medicine or exercise to get rid of glasses. Lasik is a very good option for this but it is possible only after age of 18 years. I hope this will help you.

for more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

What do these vision screening numbers mean?

Query: Hello doctor, What does this vision screening mean? OD +0.75 +1.75 -200 @ 156 degrees. OS +2.75 +3.50 -100 @ 4 degrees.  Read Full »

I had solar retinopathy in the past. Should I get my eyes checked frequently?

Query: Hello doctor, I had been diagnosed with solar retinopathy. I went for an eye exam and the OCT results came up great. However, I am worried about the prevalence of it popping up when I least expect it. The retina looks fine. Should I take heart in knowing that I am fine or be vigilant and continue...  Read Full »

Prevention of Diabetic Retinopathy

Article Overview: This article talks about the importance of eye examination in diabetics to prevent diabetic retinopathy. Read Article

Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Diabetes is one of the most common diseases and it causes diabetic retinopathy which is one of the leading causes of blindness. The only way to prevent diabetic retinopathy is by having regular eye examinations to look for the onset of symptoms and treat it in the early stages. Diabetic retinopathy...  Read Article