Q. My son has ROP in both eyes. What precautions should I take for his eyesight?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

My son is 2 years old and has ROP issue in both eyes. The left eye is lasered and has -5 number. And the right eye has -1 number. I am very worried. Kindly suggest what I should do. And what precaution should I take to keep his eyes healthy?

#

Give your child glasses.

Get his eyesight checked with glasses. If there is any amblyopia, start patching therapy. His power will increase with an increase in age. Power usually becomes stable at the age of 18 to 21 years.

I am sorry, but there is no medicine or exercise to get rid of glasses. Lasik is a very good option for this but it is possible only after age of 18 years. I hope this will help you.

for more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|