Q. I am depressed with my big nose. Can I get it corrected?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

I am a 16-year-old female. I have been experiencing depression because of my nose being big. I would get laugh at school due to my physical appearance and I am in need of help if there are anything that can possibly make my nose taller without any surgery. Please help.

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

There is absolutely nothing that you need to be worried about. There are non surgical options to augment the nose or to reduce the nose but primarily depends on how you want it to be. It has to be discussed in detail with a facial plastic surgeon and they will decide if you are an ideal candidate for the non-surgical rhinoplasty.

Please understand that it is you who has to decide if you really require a procedure to be done keeping aside all the peer pressure out there. I completely understand what you are going through and I am with you, but keeping in mind side effects, complications of non surgical options (if your facial plastic surgeon approves it) it is always better to first make up your mind and be prepared for untoward consequences and results which can happen in a few.

Sideline the peer pressure, sit down and try to ask yourself if you really want to go for a rhinoplasty (surgical or non surgical option). If you have made up your mind, my advice to you would be to undergo a surgical rhinoplasty as it a more permanent and better option. But yes, it is a surgery and cost will also be a factor.

Do keep your parents in the loop and discuss options in detail before you go ahead with any intervention (surgical or non surgical). As I said, it is your body and no one has a right to mock you over it. Look up straight, be confident and do not pay heed to people making fun of you.

At the end of the day, the whole decision maker if what you want should be you and no one else.

|