Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I am depressed with my big nose. Can I get it corrected?

Answered by
Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 09, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am a 16-year-old female. I have been experiencing depression because of my nose being big. I would get laugh at school due to my physical appearance and I am in need of help if there are anything that can possibly make my nose taller without any surgery. Please help.

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)


Welcome to

There is absolutely nothing that you need to be worried about. There are non surgical options to augment the nose or to reduce the nose but primarily depends on how you want it to be. It has to be discussed in detail with a facial plastic surgeon and they will decide if you are an ideal candidate for the non-surgical rhinoplasty.

Please understand that it is you who has to decide if you really require a procedure to be done keeping aside all the peer pressure out there. I completely understand what you are going through and I am with you, but keeping in mind side effects, complications of non surgical options (if your facial plastic surgeon approves it) it is always better to first make up your mind and be prepared for untoward consequences and results which can happen in a few.

Sideline the peer pressure, sit down and try to ask yourself if you really want to go for a rhinoplasty (surgical or non surgical option). If you have made up your mind, my advice to you would be to undergo a surgical rhinoplasty as it a more permanent and better option. But yes, it is a surgery and cost will also be a factor.

Do keep your parents in the loop and discuss options in detail before you go ahead with any intervention (surgical or non surgical). As I said, it is your body and no one has a right to mock you over it. Look up straight, be confident and do not pay heed to people making fun of you.

At the end of the day, the whole decision maker if what you want should be you and no one else.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Dr.Abhishek Vijayakumar
Dr.Pavan N Murdeshwar
I noticed slight nose bleed a day after fall. Should I get it checked?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I am about to undergo revision rhinoplasty. What is the difference between sedation and general anesthesia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a revision rhinoplasty and it is going to be under sedation and local anestheia but I am very scared. I asked the doctor about it since I read that during sedation you are awake but he said under sedation, patients are asleep and they feel nothing. However I never tried it...  Read Full »

What are the risks involved in a jaw setback surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 18 year old female. I was 13 years old when I got my braces. My orthodontist made it in such a way that the lower set of teeth were slanting inwards so that my upper row could be in front. I do not have trouble chewing. I want a jaw setback surgery as I find my face structure v...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an ENT Otolaryngologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.