Rhinoplasty

Kindly give an opinion about rhinoplasty for a crooked nose.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-male. My nose is growing towards the left side, and I want to know about rhinoplasty.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Dawre

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You said that your nose is growing towards the left side. For your information nose does not grow after the age of 16 years. If you are right then you need to show your nose to a plastic surgeon to check whether there is any pathology or not which is unlikely. ...  Read Full »

I have got dermatitis after rhinoplasty. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a rhinoplasty performed 3.5 weeks ago. About a week after the surgery, I developed some form of dermatitis on my nostrils. My surgeon prescribed me with antibiotics and steroid cream. It helped and cleared up temporarily. He advised me to use Vaseline on the area to help wound h...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like post inflammatory erythema and few follicular papules over your nasal area (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A simple bacterial infection could be the cause that can happen after surgery. Please avoid using steroid like Hydrocortisone prepa...  Read Full »

What are the risks involved in a jaw setback surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 18 year old female. I was 13 years old when I got my braces. My orthodontist made it in such a way that the lower set of teeth were slanting inwards so that my upper row could be in front. I do not have trouble chewing. I want a jaw setback surgery as I find my face structure v...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can undergo surgery to reduce the lower jaw, i.e., mandible by around 5 mm or so if needed. It is only a slight difference. The advantage is a slight increase in aesthetics later on probably. Some disadvantage is always present like you said, i.e., nerve damage...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get thinner dorsum after resolution of swelling post rhinoplasty?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old girl. I underwent a rhinoplasty six days ago. Today my surgeon took the cast off, and I saw my nose with a lot of swelling, I have a concern that I will not get the shape as I want a thinner dorsum. I am uploading the pre-surgical and post-surgical pictures. Is it poss...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankit Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Many of my patients will have trouble, so I do not assure them before surgery as the actual results take time to show due to swelling. I hope your surgeon must have convinced you and so...  Read Full »