Plastic Surgery

Is there any permanent nonsurgical solution for my big nose?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16-year-old female. I have been experiencing depression because of my nose being big. I would get laugh at school due to my physical appearance and I am in need of help if there are anything that can possibly make my nose taller without any surgery. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is absolutely nothing that you need to be worried about. There are non surgical options to augment the nose or to reduce the nose but primarily depends on how you want it to be. It has to be discussed in detail with a facial plastic surgeon and they will decide ...  Read Full »

How does the process of breast reduction surgery work?

Query: What “qualifications” do you need to get a breast reduction surgery. I’m constantly in pain in my back and neck, I can’t really sleep on my stomach or on my sides at certain angles because it will hurt, and I have bruises on my shoulders from my bra straps. I’ve seen a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Ahmed Khan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq. A breast reduction surgery is a cosmetic procedure and you can get it done after a proper assessment my a plastic surgeon or a breast oncoplastic surgeon who are involved in cosmetic surgery of the breast such as an augmentation or reduction or even reconstruction . Depend...  Read Full »

How long does bullhorn lip lift take to heal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old female and a weightlifter. I have had a bullhorn lip lift. My doctor advised me to avoid sports for three weeks and can start with my routine works later. But, I need a second opinion. I pull and push hard to my limits. So, my blood pressure might be high at this moment...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. In bullhorn lip lift procedure, a single bull horn shaped excision of skin immediately beneath both nostrils shaped like a mini mustache. Closing the wound lifts the right, central, and left portions of the upper lip. In your case it is not clear...  Read Full »

How do I correct my weird nose?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a large nose which I do not really mind. However, I have one nostril bigger than the other, and my nose looks bent at the top. It has been like this since around age 15. What could cause this? I cannot recall any trauma other than having large cysts or spots on my nose which I ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The general appearance of the nose happens to change from the beginning until the age of 18 after which it more or less remains constant unless and until there has been an external source of injury to deform the nose. If you feel that your nose looks way too weird, and...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to get plastic surgery following Mohs surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I had Mohs surgery on my temple. My hole is big and it is pretty deep. They went three rounds. My question is, is it better to heal by secondary intention or to have a plastic surgery with flap in which he would take skin from behind the wound on my head? Will i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and history. The wound is quite big and it definitely require plastic surgery. If you wait for healing by secondary intention, then your wound may take around four to six months for complete healing...  Read Full »

How to get rid of stitch marks from nose permanently in a 4-year-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4.5 years old child fell down in a deep pit last week and her nose skin is badly injured and cut with bleeding. Unfortunately, due to the recent Coronavirus crisis, we were unable to find any nose specialist and went to a local hospital where a general practitioner stitches her nos...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about the injury to your child. These injuries lead to permanent scarring if not properly stitched at the initial. Kindly attach the photo because I have to see whether the bone part is deformed or the cartilage (the front part) is deformed. If deformity i...  Read Full »

I hit my forehead against a wall and got a scar. Will I have a permanent scar?

Query: Hello doctor, I hit my forehead against a wall and had a small cut on my forehead and now it has healed and it looks like a scar. Will I have a permanent scar?  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, you need to understand that scar treatment depends on its depth and lenght. Whether your scar is permanent or not, it is very important to evaluate it. Mostly scar lightens and becomes equal to the surrounding skin with passage of time. However, scars which are d...  Read Full »

My smile gives a bad impression because of my large upper lip. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My upper lip right side corner is somewhat large. When I smile, it moves far away. It gives a very dirty impression. It creates depression for me. I can send you my picture if needed. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yeah, definitely I can see that you have a little bit elongated lips on one side and that is what is making it asymmetrical. The solution for this is either surgical which will be...  Read Full »

Does my nose look really big?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years years old and just wondering if my nose is average or actually big.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, I would like to assure you that you are just perfect and nothing needs to be done cosmetically. Secondly, if the structure of your nose is causing you any physical ill health, you ne...  Read Full »

I need some advise on how to make myself more pretty. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I do not really know what I need done, but I notice there is something slightly off with my face. I noticed that one side of my nose is more straight than the other. That is more curved and I am thinking that might be the problem, but you are the professional. So, I pretty much just n...  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures shared by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a beautiful face there. A little makeover will make it more gorgeous. As you already mentioned, your nose has a bit bulbous tip deformity which is correctable. Apart fr...  Read Full »