Q. My nose looks weird with a bent and one nostril being bigger than the other. How to correct it?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

I have a large nose which I do not really mind. However, I have one nostril bigger than the other, and my nose looks bent at the top. It has been like this since around age 15. What could cause this? I cannot recall any trauma other than having large cysts or spots on my nose which I would squeeze.

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

The general appearance of the nose happens to change from the beginning until the age of 18 after which it more or less remains constant unless and until there has been an external source of injury to deform the nose.

If you feel that your nose looks way too weird, and it is way bothering you too much, you might require a corrective surgery that we call as a rhinoplasty. Now, depending on whether the area in concern has to be reduced or augmented, it depends on what type of nose job you want to get done and the surgeon will operate accordingly.

Rhinoplasty is preserved for patients who know what changes they really have in mind and understand that a near close picture can be attained through surgery.

Most nose job surgeons these days do have software wherein you can assess whats the abnormality in the nasal appearance, what changes you want and how would it probably look after the surgery. All the abnormalities mentioned above can be effectively resolved through operative rhinoplasty and conservative techniques do not really fetch long term results.

|