Q. Rubella IgG tests were reactive. Is it too risky to get pregnant?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

I had three miscarriages. I did TORCH test twice. Now that I went to my doctor she told me not to get pregnant since my rubella IgG tests came out to be reactive. In the first TORCH test, my rubella IgG value was 65.1. In the second TORCH test, my rubella IgG value was 277. I did the second TORCH test after 16 months. My doctor said that getting pregnant would be risky. Also, there is a higher chance of miscarriage. Can you please give me your suggestion? Thank you.

#

Do not worry. With recurrent miscarriage, you do not require to go for TORCH test as it is responsible for sporadic losses and not a recurrent one.

Have you been immunized against rubella in childhood by receiving MMR at 16 to 18 months?

The levels of 277 suggest that you are immune and to know whether you had a recent infection or not then avidity testing is done for that.

Please state at what period of pregnancy you had an abortion and what test and medication have been given so far. Few important tests should be done to know the cause of recurrent miscarriage.

Is there any family or past history of thrombosis in the family? We need to rule out congenital or acquired thrombophilias. First get all these tests done and review with reports and I suggest you be put on some medicines while planning a pregnancy after three months.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|