Q. I have running nose since childhood. How can I cure it?

Dr. Tamas Das

I have a running nose since childhood and it has not been cured since then. Right now I am 45 years old. I have changed a lot of doctors. I have asthma and polyps in the right nose.

#

You have mentioned about polyps in right nose. It might be a cause of your recurrent nasal discharge. If symptoms are very irritating, then you may try a course of nasal steroid spray for a period of one month and see the response. If runny nose is accompanied by sneezes, then try some steroid-antihistamine spray instead.

After that, you may use steroid spray on a need basis. It is unlikely to fully resolve this issue but could be brought to a manageable state with medications. And if it does not resolve to a satisfactory level then surgical therapy for polyps may be tried.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|