Q. I have running nose since childhood. How can I cure it?

Dr. Tamas Das
Published on Aug 13, 2018

I have a running nose since childhood and it has not been cured since then. Right now I am 45 years old. I have changed a lot of doctors. I have asthma and polyps in the right nose.

Dr. Tamas Das

Microbiology
#

You have mentioned about polyps in right nose. It might be a cause of your recurrent nasal discharge. If symptoms are very irritating, then you may try a course of nasal steroid spray for a period of one month and see the response. If runny nose is accompanied by sneezes, then try some steroid-antihistamine spray instead.

After that, you may use steroid spray on a need basis. It is unlikely to fully resolve this issue but could be brought to a manageable state with medications. And if it does not resolve to a satisfactory level then surgical therapy for polyps may be tried.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Why does running nose, sneezing and blocked nose happen?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bad running nose, sneezing and blocked nose in the morning for the last ten days. I have taken Augmentin 375 for five days. It improved a bit but again relapsed today. Please help.  Read Full »

Why do I have a raspy voice from childhood?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my voice. As a kid, I had a raspy voice the entire time until puberty. After I hit puberty, I do not think my parents noticed anything, but people have said I sound like Kermit the frog or that I need to stop mumbling. The problem I have is that I have to try qu...  Read Full »

How can running nose be effectively treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a running nose for the last one week and sometimes it is very difficult to breathe especially after taking food, it is becoming worse. I had taken two Coldact tablets for only one day, but no luck and also have been using the Otrivin (Xylometazoline) nasal s...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now