Q. I often feel very sad. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2020

Sometimes, I feel very sad inside. But, I do not know the reason for my sadness. During this period of sadness, I do not like to talk. I feel so depressed as I cannot do anything, including my studies? How to come out of this type of sadness? Please suggest.

#

• Persistent sadness along with decreased interest in communication is an indicative of clinical minor depression. If there are more symptoms, then it can be a major depressive disorder.
  • In case of minor depression, I suggest 5-HTPn (5-Hydroxytryptophan), which is an herbal supplement useful in depression.
  • In case of major depressive disorder, the available options are medicines as well as psychotherapy. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 
1 out of 1 likes