Q. I often feel very sad. Why?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2020

Sometimes, I feel very sad inside. But, I do not know the reason for my sadness. During this period of sadness, I do not like to talk. I feel so depressed as I cannot do anything, including my studies? How to come out of this type of sadness? Please suggest.

#

• Persistent sadness along with decreased interest in communication is an indicative of clinical minor depression. If there are more symptoms, then it can be a major depressive disorder.
  • In case of minor depression, I suggest 5-HTPn (5-Hydroxytryptophan), which is an herbal supplement useful in depression.
  • In case of major depressive disorder, the available options are medicines as well as psychotherapy. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 
1 out of 1 likes

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co...  Read Article

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»