Saline Water Mouth Rinses

Why is my retromolar trigone swollen?

Query: Hi doctor, I have two pea-sized bumps on my retromolar pad, and it is bothersome when I swallow. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your age, I find this is mostly due to the wisdom tooth eruption. The swelling on the retromolar pad should be the reflection of the underlying unerupted wisdom tooth (third molar ) on that side. The gum layer should be thick enough to restrict the wisdom toot...  Read Full »

What is linea alba on the cheek?

Query: Hello doctor, I have white¬†lining on both sides of inner cheek between lower and upper teeth from the last three months. l feel raised line when I wake up in the morning. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is quite normal. Unless you have pain and irritation at the area. This is called linea alba. In case you get itching and pain, then please consult your dentist for physical evaluation. For further doubts consult a dentist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-do...  Read Full »

Why do I have a water bubble under my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had swollen glands for a few months now. I have seen an ENT doctor for the same. He ran a blood test and it came back normal. He told me give it a month and they should go down. They have not gone down or grown. Before going to the ENT doctor, I also visited a dentist and got to...  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hi , Welcome to icliniq.com. The swollen gland can be due to the infected molar. An infected tooth also can cause swollen glands in the neck. The swollen glands will subside only if the infection site is cleared. Get it treated as soon as possible. Visit the dentist, get an x-ray (IOPA - Intraoral P...  Read Full »

Why are the tonsils swollen and have white spots?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. I have symptoms of swollen tonsils with white spots and bumps on my throat. I went to the urgent care almost two weeks ago, and after running streptococcus and mononucleosis test, they told me that it was more likely viral tonsillitis. I am not experiencing much pain...  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reading your symptoms and looking at your photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggesting of chronic pharyngitis with chronic tonsillitis. The whitish spots over your tonsils are the food particles that clogged within the tonsillar c...  Read Full »

I am having bleeding for over 24 hours after wisdom tooth removal. Is it normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and they have been bleeding for over 24 hours. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is normal. You just keep a cold cotton pack for the next two hours at the socket. This will make the clot. Then start with saline water mouthrinses five times a day for the next whole week. Take a 1/4th teaspoon of salt in a cup of lukewarm water and do its rins...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in the last lower left tooth region?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from pain in the left lower jaw. I do not have any tooth pain, but the skin surrounding the last tooth is troubling me. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think it can be due to pericoronitis. This is a condition where the tissue over the erupting wisdom tooth will get inflamed. Apply anesthetic gel in that area. Do lukewarm saline mouth rinse three to four times a day. If possible attach a picture for better diagnos...  Read Full »

How to treat receding gum line?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing a receding gum line and decaying teeth in my front two bottom teeth. I am desperately afraid of the dentist. I am also scared of losing the affected teeth. I need to know how to proceed with my treatment. Is there a way to make it better? I am currently on birth c...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked your given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Unfortunately, there is nothing better you can do but visit a dentist and get scaling or cleaning of this hard plaque and tartar done as soon as possible. It was a plaque that gets hardened...  Read Full »

Severe pain with bad breath and taste after wisdom tooth extraction. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I got one of my wisdom teeth taken out a week back. My stitches came out and now there is a big hole where the tooth was extracted. My dentist gave me nothing, not cleaning tools at all. I am just freaking out because their office is closed. What should I do about the giant hole? It h...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it hurts a lot, it means that you have a dry socket condition, where the blood clot gets dislodged from the wound causing infection. You need to start taking antibiotics like Augmentin 625 mg and a painkiller. Also, use warm salt water gargling three times a day. ...  Read Full »

After wisdom tooth extraction, when can I start eating solid food?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my bottom left wisdom tooth removed yesterday. I am 25 years old and 11 weeks pregnant. I have been eating soft foods like mashed potatoes, jello, and pudding. However, I was wondering when I can begin to eat foods such as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cereals, pasta, etc.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start with a solid diet in another one day hopefully. Make sure you are following the postoperative instructions regularly. Do lukewarm saline water mouth rinses (put some salt in half glass of warm water) at least 3 times a day and continue for a week. This wo...  Read Full »

Does Flucloxacillin help in case of a dental abscess?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dental abscess. Will Flucloxacillin help?  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to know if you are sure it is a dental abscess or could it be another tooth infection. I do not know if you have visited a dentist for this problem. Also, if available, forward me your X-ray or any other investigation reports. If it is a dent...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.