Q. I have jaw pain because of an impacted wisdom tooth. What should I do?

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam
This is a premium question & answer published on May 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 10, 2020
I'm having ache in lower jaw.
Last time i visited dentist...i had a root canal same side
After a month i started experiencing pain in that jaw sometimes...
Doctor said root canal is fine and that i have impacted wisdom tooth after a quick x ray.
I am having pain now again in that jaw after 3 months.
What should i do?
Due to covid 19 I'm not sure i should visit a dentist
#

Hello, welcome to iCliniq.

This may be the pain from the same reason you had previously. If you have an impacted wisdom tooth, then that can cause you this kind of problem repeatedly.

But if you have pain on biting, that may be from the root canal treated tooth. Do you have the xray? Can you send me a picture of the affected area and the xray ?

In the meantime, you can rinse mouth with warm saline water 5-7 times daily. If the pain doesn't subside, you can take painkiller... Tab Ibuprofen (400mg) two times daily for 2/3 days (after meal)

Please send me the pictures for proper diagnosis and better treatment plan. Thank you for contacting us.

|