Q. I have jaw pain because of an impacted wisdom tooth. What should I do?

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam
This is a premium question & answer published on May 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 10, 2020
I'm having ache in lower jaw.
Last time i visited dentist...i had a root canal same side
After a month i started experiencing pain in that jaw sometimes...
Doctor said root canal is fine and that i have impacted wisdom tooth after a quick x ray.
I am having pain now again in that jaw after 3 months.
What should i do?
Due to covid 19 I'm not sure i should visit a dentist

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam

Dentistry Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery
#

Hello, welcome to iCliniq.

This may be the pain from the same reason you had previously. If you have an impacted wisdom tooth, then that can cause you this kind of problem repeatedly.

But if you have pain on biting, that may be from the root canal treated tooth. Do you have the xray? Can you send me a picture of the affected area and the xray ?

In the meantime, you can rinse mouth with warm saline water 5-7 times daily. If the pain doesn't subside, you can take painkiller... Tab Ibuprofen (400mg) two times daily for 2/3 days (after meal)

Please send me the pictures for proper diagnosis and better treatment plan. Thank you for contacting us.

| 

Is there a chance for cyst formation beneath the impacted tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I had a baby tooth in the left lower jaw. Beneath it, there is an impacted first permanent premolar tooth. OPG and CBCT were taken. The baby tooth was extracted before a month, and the impacted tooth was exposed. As I had some misalignment in both the jaws, I con...  Read Full »

How long can I take Ibuprofen for pain from broken ribs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old female, and I fell 10 days back and broke one or two ribs. The only thing that brings any relief is Ibuprofen 800 mg. I need to know how often and for how long can I take Ibuprofen? I tried Oxycodone 10 mg, but it does not work that well. Thank you.  Read Full »

After wisdom tooth extraction, when can I start eating solid food?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my bottom left wisdom tooth removed yesterday. I am 25 years old and 11 weeks pregnant. I have been eating soft foods like mashed potatoes, jello, and pudding. However, I was wondering when I can begin to eat foods such as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, cereals, pasta, etc.  Read Full »