iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyscabiesI have red patches on my buttocks despite medication. Why?

I got itchy red patches on my buttocks, penis, and scrotum. What should I do?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 23, 2018
Reviewed AtFebruary 13, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I got some red patches on my buttocks, penis, and scrotum. It is too itchy. I consulted a doctor and he diagnosed it as scabies and advised to use Lindane Lotion. I used it for three days but the redness has not gone. The itchiness has reduced but not gone completely. My doctor is currently out of city. Can you suggest me what should I do?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Yes, it is nodular scabies. Now do not apply Lindane lotion. Consider the application of Flutibact (Fluticasone and Mupirocin) cream twice daily for seven days. Tablet Levocetirizine 10 mg at bedtime. It takes time for nodular lesions (inflammation) to subside. For future reference, if one has scabies consider a single application of Permethrin 5 % cream below the neck overnight. Do not use it now.

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

How to use the cream? Should I just apply it on the affected area or on the whole body? Is there any side effects for this cream?


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Flutibact cream only over the affected area once daily. Other than this there is no need for any other application.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash
Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

redness of skinscabies

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy