Q. How to differentiate between scabies, flea bite, bed bug, and folliculitis?

I am a general practitioner. I struggle to differentiate these conditions: scabies, flea bite, bed bug and folliculitis. I would really appreciate your clinical knowledge and goodwill in enlightening me about this, so I can provide better care for our patients.

#

I have seen your query.

Scabies is caused by mites. In this, the patient presents with nocturnal itching with burrows over the web space of hands.

In flea bite or bed bug bite, you may find itchy erythematous papules that may be localized or generalized depending upon the hypersensitivity reactions.

Folliculitis is the inflammation of hair follicles and always presents with pain.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|