Q. I have some flat red spots on my feet, ankles and leg. Please help.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

I have some red flat dots on my feet, ankles, and leg. They are petechiae because they do not blanch. I do not have many of them, but I feel that they always tend to fade and come back in the same spot. I do not know if it is normal. I consulted with five doctors, and none of them ordered a blood test, and they do not think it is worrisome. A doctor said that it is capillaritis, maybe he is right, but it does not look like online. I want to get another opinion. Can you please help me?

#

I went through your case, and there is nothing to be worried about. It is capillaritis or Schamberg disease. In both conditions, blood oozes out from blood vessels and gets deposited in the skin layers. There is a variation of skin color, some have dark skin tone, and others have light, so the actual appearance of this deposited blood is variable. In some, it could be red or even purple.

• Be relaxed.
  • The only thing you can do is to avoid prolonged standing.
  • Keep your toes moving as it will help in blood circulation in the vessels in your feet.
  • Keep your legs a little bit elevated while sleeping.

Take care

Thank you for the advice doctor.

Do I have to worry about leukemia? Can you please tell me why I should not worry because I have health anxiety?

#

Capillaritis or Schamberg disease is a benign and only cutaneous disorder with no internal pathology.

On the other hand, Leukemia is a cancerous condition of the blood, and it is something serious that needs urgent treatment from an oncologist or physician. So, please do not worry.

|