Q. A yellow lesion appeared on the tonsil and capillaries have widened. What is this?

I had a cold starting with a sore throat, followed by nasal congestion and post nasal drip/coughing. In the past few days, a yellow lesion appeared on my left tonsil. I have attached a picture. As you can see, capillaries have widened on this tonsil and it appears red. What is this?

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is acute inflammation of your pharynx. That is the reason for widened capillaries. The yellow spot could be pus pointing or a tonsil stone.

You need a course of antibiotics, decongestant, nasal spray and mouth gargles.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|