Schooling Stress

How to improve concentration in studies?

Query: Hi doctor, My 14 year old son cannot concentrate on studies and struggling in school. He is nervous and shaky, especially in school. He scored 65% overall and 85% in his favorite subjects. He reads a lot of story books. We went to a psychiatrist last year and he said that my son is suffering from a...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Considering his age, there are many possible reasons that could cause similar presentation. You have mentioned that he is performing well in some subjects, but poor in another. So, there is a possibility of a specific learning disorder. But,...  Read Full »

How to help my 7-year-old son to concentrate on online classes?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 years 10 months son is not concentrating on online classes. Before he used to complete the homework, now he cannot write even small words. He keeps on thinking something, and always mumbling something. When online class started, he was attentive for a month, then he has became wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your feelings. More screen time create irritability in children and adult also. For better development of a child, he needs all favorable environments like social, educational, spiritual, recreational, etc. In COVID-19 time sociality is entirely lo...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to make my son active and more energetic.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 15 years old. He has an allergy problem and once had an episode of severe congestion. He was hospitalized and given inhalation nebulizer. Now, he is on inhaler Aerocort. He feels tired, panting on playing and often tends to sit while playing. He feels very hot on his ears, limbs...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the symptoms in much more detail. How is his diet and appetite? Does he fall ill frequently? What is his weight? Is he on nebulization frequently? How is his academic performance? Is he stressed out? I would suggest a few blood tests to know his hemo...  Read Full »

How to bounce back from failing an exam?

Query: Hi doctor,I failed in my exams and really depressed. Please help me come out of this.  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Success and failure are the two sides of the same coin. You can never predict what will happen. Life is never a smooth sailing boat. It is full of ups and downs. Life does not end when you fail once. Life is much more than your exams. You gain experience when you go t...  Read Full »

Why does my pupil move to the corner of the eyes when I try to focus in class?

Query: When I sit in class and try to focus in class , my pupils moves at corner of eyes involuntary my eyes . If try to focus to the blackboard i feel strain in my brain and feel difficulty in breathing. I am having this problem from last year. This arise when anybody is sitting around me. I used watch...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, what you have is called as stress induced nystagmus, the involuntary movement of the eyeballs when u feel conscious of people around you. It happens due to reduced levels of some neurotransmitters such as serotonin which reduce the stress handling capacity of the brain. medicines will have t...  Read Full »

I feel that my brain becomes hot while studying even if I take proper rest. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel that my brain becomes hot while studying. I studied the whole day and slept for two hours continuously for three days after that my left eye started paining, and my brain also started getting hot severely. Still, now it is continuing even if I take proper rest during exam time ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left eye pain and hot feeling in your head is due to severe mechanical stress to your body because of extreme mental exertion and lack of sleep for three days. As a neurologist, my first advice will be to take some rest and be relaxed and calm. To take rest and enoug...  Read Full »

How to make my son come out of schooling stress?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 17 years old. He is doing odd things, such as calling the police for ear pain. He is under a lot of stress from national exams and high expectations. He does not sleep much, but his appetite is well. After calling the police and talking to them, he was back to his room study...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems he is not in touch with reality, like calling the police for ear pain. Can you tell since when he has ear pain and how it started? Since how long has has such odd behavior and sleep problem? Does he express any other odd behavior? Is there any history of sub...  Read Full »

How can I increase my concentration in studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old medical student. I have a big problem with my studying techniques, and I find it rare compared to others. First things first, I am lazy to study, not because I am lazy in general, but because I do not understand a word. Even if I understand something, it gets eva...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concern. You have issues of poor focus and inability to maintain focus or concentration.The loss of performance after the day of exams is due to anxiety of performance, which is seen in a lot of individuals. But since you are passing the exams, th...  Read Full »

I cannot remember anything that I study. Is it a psychiatric problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male, who is studying medicine. From childhood, I was an average student. I got good marks in the 10th standard, but in the 11th and 12th standard, I got very bad marks. I do not know what happened, although I study for a long time. Still, I am not getting good marks. I got admissi...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, the possibility of a major psychiatric disorder appears limited, but there is clear indication stress having a significant impact on your student life. It is a well-known fact that increased ...  Read Full »

Why do my hands tremble and pain while writing?

Query: Hi doctor, My hands tremble a lot, only when I write something. It causes a pain in my hand, so my handwriting is changing. So, I am not able to write properly during my exams, which is becoming a big problem for my studies. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I request you to record a video of the difficulty encountered by you and post it back to me. Take care to record activities which cause pain or difficulty in moving your hand. I also request you to take two separate photogra...  Read Full »