Q. It is becoming hard for me to stand or be on my feet for a long time due to sciatica. Please help.

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Hello, doctor

I am dealing with sciatica in both of my legs. The symptoms I am dealing with are burning, tingling, sharp shooting pain in both legs, aching, and pain in my feet. It is now becoming hard for me to stand or be on my feet a long time . The sciatic flare is from a slip in fall accident I had six years back. I was diagnosed with lumbar facet syndrome.

#

Dear,

Sending Love and Healing vibes!

Looking into your problem we need to understand the basic physiology about the facet joint.Facet joints’ helps healthy movement and intervertebral disc—stability for each motion segment.The aging ,osteoporosis , traumatic injury can damage the facet joints and is the leading cause of back pain known as facet joint syndrome.

Therapies include medial branch blocks, intraarticular (within a joint) steroid injections, and/or radiofrequency ablation (RFA),Percunateous endoscopic lumbar discectomy.

Meanwhile i recommend you to take these drug which helps reduces the swelling of disc and neurogenic problem .

1. Cap Gapapentin 100 mg twice daily,po, for 2 weeks,after food
  2. Sac Calcirol(VIT D3)60,000 IU once a week,po,for 4 weeks after light food
  3. D.F.O Gel(Dicolfenac Gel) apply locally twice daily for 2 weeks

Thank you

|