Q. Is it possible to use the Vein Gogh treatment to remove permanently the dilated blood vessels?

Dr. Dada Peer K
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 01, 2018

Dear doctor,

Is it possible to use the VeinGogh treatment on the sclera of the eye to remove permanently the dilated blood vessels (telangiectasia of the sclera)?

#

VeinGogh treatment is usually used for the treatment of varicose veins where the veins are dilated on the legs. This technique is not used for the treatment of scleral veins.

The recommended way is an evaluation to find out the underlying cause and set the treatment option accordingly.

The common causes are chronic inflammations of sclera and tumors of the ciliary body.

Hence I advise you to consult an eye care ophthalmologist online for treatment accordingly --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|