Q. Is it possible to use the Vein Gogh treatment to remove permanently the dilated blood vessels?

Dr. Dada Peer K
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 01, 2018

Dear doctor,

Is it possible to use the VeinGogh treatment on the sclera of the eye to remove permanently the dilated blood vessels (telangiectasia of the sclera)?

Dr. Dada Peer K

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

VeinGogh treatment is usually used for the treatment of varicose veins where the veins are dilated on the legs. This technique is not used for the treatment of scleral veins.

The recommended way is an evaluation to find out the underlying cause and set the treatment option accordingly.

The common causes are chronic inflammations of sclera and tumors of the ciliary body.

Hence I advise you to consult an eye care ophthalmologist online for treatment accordingly --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

My CT abdomen is suggestive of colitis. Would you explain the symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54 year old male. My weight is 84 kg, and weight is 175 cm. I have done a CT scan before three months, and it showed mild thickening of the sigmoid colon suggestive colitis. I do not have any symptoms of colitis, diarrhea or blood in the stool. I have done stool occult blood test...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female, I would like to know if multiple sclerosis is hereditary? My dad has it, and I am very nervous to inherit this disease. I have had two brain MRI's that have been normal, except for an incidental finding of a pineal gland cyst. I continue to worry about inhe...  Read Full »