Sclera Of The Eye

Accidentally, I scratched the inner part of the eye. How long will it take to heal?

Query: Hi doctor,Last night, I was trying to pluck an eyelash that was poking into my eye, and accidentally scratched the most inner part of my eye. I believe it is called the lacrimal caruncle. There is a tiny scrape. It almost looks like a red scratch on the skin and so I know I scratched it a little. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there are two eyelashes touching your white part of eye known as sclera. One medially and one laterally from upper lid. This is not normal. Did you get any eye infection in the past? Is it recurrent? How long have you been doing it that is the removal of eyelash? ...  Read Full »

Is vomiting a cause of prominence of the vessels of sclera?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I was bulimic for about a year. It happens once or twice a week. I never noticed any permanent changes in my eyes throughout my episodes. However, the last time I ever binged and purged three months ago, I vomited violently. A few weeks after this, I noticed tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your complaints. Do you have any pain in your eyes or developed any problem in vision in that duration? Is it associated with any redness? It would have been of help if you have sent a recent photograph of both of your eyes. Ke...  Read Full »

What is the value of bile salt and bile pigment if a person has jaundice?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the value of bile salt and bile pigment if a person has jaundice?  Read Full »

Dr. Tim Evans

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Jaundice represents the deposition of bile pigments, more specifically bilirubin, which can be noticed as a yellow color of the skin and sclera (white part) of the eye. The level of jaundice is usually related to the concentration of serum bilirubin. The normal r...  Read Full »

What causes a bubble on the white part of the eyeball?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a clear bubble in the sclera of my eye in the corner close to the nose. This has not gotten any bigger and sometimes it appears smaller. It does not hurt. I have had it for years. My eyes dry a lot and I have an issue with dry eyes and allergies. Could this be serious? Sometim...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be a conjunctival cyst. It is not harmful. This can be caused by a mild foreign body sensation. I suggest you start Fluorometholone plus Tobramycin eyedrops three times a day for five days then taper it to two times a day for the next five days and ...  Read Full »

Is VeinGogh treatment the right way to treat telangiectasia of the sclera?

Query: Dear doctor, Is it possible to use the VeinGogh treatment on the sclera of the eye to remove permanently the dilated blood vessels (telangiectasia of the sclera)?  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. VeinGogh treatment is usually used for the treatment of varicose veins where the veins are dilated on the legs. This technique is not used for the treatment of scleral veins. The recommended way is an evaluation to find out the underlying cause and set the treatment op...  Read Full »