Q. What is the main reason for sepsis in a newborn?

Dr. Deepak Patel
Published on Nov 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 26, 2019

What is the main reason for sepsis to occur in a newborn? Will parents be the reason?

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• Sepsis means systemic infection of body in babies.
  • There are many causes like meconium aspiration during delivery, infection from the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) where the baby is kept, infection from any person who handles the baby, etc.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

My dad has been advised temporary dialysis. Does he really require it?

Query: Hi doctor,My 66 year old father suddenly got a high fever and in few days we discovered he has a urinary tract infection. He is a diabetic and on insulin. He is a very disciplined person when it comes to his health. He checked his creatinine levels early this year and it was in the normal range. Af...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep Varma
Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your father. He is presently having a severe infection (sepsis) due to the urinary tract infection. There is an acid accumulation in the blood due to the infection. There is worsening of renal function as a result of stress to the body due to...  Read Full