Q. Can bleeding after sex during pregnancy be due to miscarriage?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I just found that I was pregnant three days ago, I got a faint positive and went to the hospital. The doctors said it was too early but they did a blood test and my hCG was at 150. I had sex yesterday morning and started light bleeding after. I had two small dots but the rest was light pink. I went back to the doctor and they did a vaginal ultrasound and I had the same problem. My cramping is nothing major. I am 21 years old, 5 feet 4 inches, and 161 pounds. Can you tell me if this is a miscarriage?

#

It could be a miscarriage and could be spotting in early pregnancy as miscarriages are usually confirmed on ultrasound scan and bleeding is heavy with abdominal pain and it usually takes a few days before getting stopped. I would suggest you to repeat a pregnancy test and see if it is positive or not because if pregnancy is miscarrying then there is a possibility for that to become negative due to falling levels of hCG.

|