Q. How to correct my short-sight?

Dr. Gargi M Apte

I have undergone trab surgery for glaucoma nine years back. I did not have short-sightedness before the surgery. But after the surgery, I had to use glasses. Presently, I am having a power of around six for the lens. Is there anything that can be done to control this short sight? Is there any laser treatment possible in this situation? Please advice.

Dr. Gargi M Apte

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• I think short sight cannot be controlled. But, you can do LASIK if all the requirements are set for your eyes.

For further queries consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

Thanks for the reply. Could you please confirm whether LASIK is possible for people who underwent trab surgery? My doctor told since I have a bleb on the eyes, LASIK cannot be done. Please confirm.

Dr. Gargi M Apte

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• I think it is not possible to do LASIK in a patient who underwent trab surgery or glaucoma. Because, while doing LASIK with a microkeratome, doctors will put a suction ring, due to which the pressure of the eye reaches the highest level. It is hard for the glaucoma eyes to handle it.
  • I think you can go for Femto-LASIK. But again, your cornea must be healthy for it. If you can manage with the contact lens, it is the best rather than putting your eyes at risk.

| 

Presently, I am using spectacles. It was said that contact lenses cannot be used in my case. If again my power goes high, I may have to go for some other ways. So, if LASIK is also risky, what would be my next option?

Dr. Gargi M Apte

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• You wait till your eyes have a constant power and once it is constant for one year or more, then you can go for refractive lens exchange. It is nothing but doing the cataract surgery by removing your eye lens and putting the numbered lens from outside.

| 

Can I get LASIK surgery done while on acne treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I have scheduled for LASIK eye surgery this week. I am currently using Acticlate tablets, Onexton and Epiduo (topical gel) for acne, which was prescribed by my dermatologist. Will there be any issues or side effects with LASIK surgery? I checked with my eye doctor and he said no problems...  Read Full »

How to choose contact lenses for my power?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to buy contact lenses. I have a spectacle power on both my eyes. The power in my right eye is -2.75, cylinder - 0.50, and axis 20. In the left eye - 2.75, cylinder - 0.75, and axis 20. Please recommend what lens I should opt for. I need a recommendation for both regular wear a...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have burning eyes after Lasik?

Query: Hi doctor, I had LASIK done for my eyes two months back. My vision is all right but, I feel a burning sensation at the corners of the eyes (corners from where tear comes). After 20 days of LASIK, (back then) whenever I put any eye drops my eyes started burning. Due to the burning sensation, my eyes ...  Read Full »