Q. How to correct my short-sight?

Dr. Gargi M Apte

I have undergone trab surgery for glaucoma nine years back. I did not have short-sightedness before the surgery. But after the surgery, I had to use glasses. Presently, I am having a power of around six for the lens. Is there anything that can be done to control this short sight? Is there any laser treatment possible in this situation? Please advice.

#

• I think short sight cannot be controlled. But, you can do LASIK if all the requirements are set for your eyes.

For further queries consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Thanks for the reply. Could you please confirm whether LASIK is possible for people who underwent trab surgery? My doctor told since I have a bleb on the eyes, LASIK cannot be done. Please confirm.

#

• I think it is not possible to do LASIK in a patient who underwent trab surgery or glaucoma. Because, while doing LASIK with a microkeratome, doctors will put a suction ring, due to which the pressure of the eye reaches the highest level. It is hard for the glaucoma eyes to handle it.
  • I think you can go for Femto-LASIK. But again, your cornea must be healthy for it. If you can manage with the contact lens, it is the best rather than putting your eyes at risk.

Presently, I am using spectacles. It was said that contact lenses cannot be used in my case. If again my power goes high, I may have to go for some other ways. So, if LASIK is also risky, what would be my next option?

#

• You wait till your eyes have a constant power and once it is constant for one year or more, then you can go for refractive lens exchange. It is nothing but doing the cataract surgery by removing your eye lens and putting the numbered lens from outside.

|