Short Stature

Kindly explain the growth hormone test report of a child with short stature.

Query: Hi doctor, Following is the growth hormone test report of my son aged 11 years and 7 months and his height is about 129 cm and weight is 32 kg. I am very concerned about his growth. Please comment in detail about the possible treatment and their side effects, if any?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your report about your son and I am sorry to say that he has a growth hormone deficiency (attachment removed to protect patient identity). He needs to take growth hormone injections for it. These are to be taken on a proper prescription from a pediatric e...  Read Full »

What should I do to make my son grow taller?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 10 years old. His height is only 125 cm, and he weighs 27.3 kg. I am worried about his short stature. We recently got an x-ray of his hands taken, to know his bone age. The x-ray revealed that it is 9.4. Does it have any relation with his femur length and humerus length whe...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your son's height, and it appears that he has a constitutional short stature. He is below the third percentile for height. There is no relation between femur length and humerus length in the embryo stage, and his present height. The child u...  Read Full »

What will be the future effect of early puberty?

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding my younger daughter's health and I would like to get a second opinion before I take any decision. My younger daughter was 1 year 6 months old when she came to this new place. Last year, when she was 5 years old we had to do a physical examination for getting admiss...  Read Full »

Dr. Vera Zdravkovic

Endocrinologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would agree with doctors that this is precocious puberty and signs of puberty and bone age progressed since recently (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am confused with hormonal results, could it be mistaken that these are entered in a wrong spot, becau...  Read Full »

My 15 months old baby is only 5.5 kg. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to discuss regarding the medical issue of daughter with you. She is now 15 months old, but her weight is only 5.5 kg. According to doctors, all reports are clear except her growth hormone. She is not taking any medicine. I have attached her laboratory reports for your referen...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Rama Thute

Child Health Specialist, Lactation Counselor, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all the medical records of your baby (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She looks to be a case of short stature and the reports are suggestive of growth hormone deficiency. I would like to know whether there is any family history of sho...  Read Full »