Short Wave Diathermy

Is arm numbness a symptom of cervical disc bulge?

Query: Hi doctor, My right arm is numb from the elbow to the wrist and sometime I feel like getting electric shock inside. About 29 years ago, I got my C4/C5 lower disc removed. I have neck and back pain too and for which I am taking Lyrica now. I had an MRI and the report is as follows. Tight cervical sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Piyush Jakal

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your complaints it is clear that you are suffering from prolapsed intervertebral disc in cervical region. The prolapsed disc is compressing your spinal nerve roots of arm. I request you to kindly attach MRI images. Most likely it appears from your symptoms that you w...  Read Full »

What is the possible treatment for back pain followed by lifting heavy weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I was sitting half bent while washing the clothes. There were few buckets full of water one over the other. I got my back hurt when I tried to bring one of the buckets down. My body has tilted a bit towards left. I am unable to move and walk. It is paining a lot. Usually after work I do ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Actually, you are very young to have persistent back pain and this episode appears to be an acute exaggeration of this pain. Cause of back pain can be due to a muscle strain or a small herniation of an intervertebral disc followed by lifting heavy weight. If you have loca...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the cause and remedy for bilateral spondylolysis.

Query: Hello doctor, What is bilateral spondylolysis between L5 and S1? What is the cause? What is the remedy? I have pain near the tail-bone, especially when seated. I have started experiencing a sharp pain when lifting clothes from a bucket.  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spondylolysis is basically lysis of pars interarticularis. This is the bone responsible for stability between two vertebral bodies. At your age, it is not surprising to find this because most commonly it is seen after degenerative changes. Usually, if this spondylolysis...  Read Full »

I have a continous left lower back pain after an injury. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a lower back injury for three years, and that has not been improved with rehabilitation or anything. There is a constant pain in the left side of my lower back, which becomes worse on twisting motions, exercise and bending to the point where I can barely walk. My physiother...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your iliolumbar ligament is completely visualized and is free from any pathology in the MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your vertebra, intervertebral disc, spinal column, and spinal cord are also grossly normal. However, there is early facet arthr...  Read Full »

Suffering from pain near the shoulder joint. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,A few months ago, I pulled some heavy object very hard using my right hand. Now, I am facing sharp pain for a very short period, maybe once per day near the shoulder joint. Also, I am having difficulty in moving that arm. I have my exams coming up. I want to know what can be done now.  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Vijaykishor Verma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I need to know a few things before answering your question. Has your pain started after that incident of pulling the heavy object or has been some time difference between it? What activity provocates your pain? If it is coming once per day on heavy ...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from intermittent low back pain. Is it sciatica?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe pain in the lower back, more on the right side. I am not able to bend front and my right leg is aching continuously. I am suffering from back pain for last 6 to 7 years and sometimes, it is severe. I had to take bed rest for a week, but I had never taken any medicine. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have pain restricted to your lower back with no radiation to lower limb the pain is not sciatica. In sciatica, the pain radiates from lower back to legs. You could have mechanical backache or disc prolapse without any impingement on the neurological structure...  Read Full »

Please suggest some exercise and supplement for weak bones.

Query: Hi doctor, My shoulder bone was dislocated before six months. I can move my hand upright, but while sleeping it is paining. What kind of deficiency can be there? I am eating non-vegetarian food regularly from childhood. Please suggest me some exercise and supplement as my bones are weak. Thank y...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern. Dislocation is accidental slippage of bone from the actual space and when it happens, it will make surrounding muscles, ligaments and capsule over stretch and so ultimately pain will be due to all structures. First, you need to strengthen t...  Read Full »