Shoulder Pain

How to reduce the pain and stiffness developed on the shoulders?

Query: Female, 22. Recently I’ve been waking up very stiff in my shoulder and ankles. It started with my ankles maybe 3 months ago but wasn’t every morning. About 3 weeks ago I woke up with pain and stiffness in my right shoulder with limited range of motion, now both of my shoulders are stiff when I w...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: I read your concern In my opinion, You might have pain originating in the neck.. That could trigger some spasm and stiffness in the shoulder.. May be the posture of your sleep would have aggravated the spasm..and leading to stiff shoulder. Dehydration could carry this spasm through out the day....  Read Full »

What is the reason for pain in the shoulder and chest with a headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. My BP is 157/110. I often suffer from pain in my nape down to my shoulders. Headache is like my daily ordeal. In the past few days, it is hard for me to go to sleep. I feel so tired during the day, and I am wide awake at night. I feel so tired the whole day but having ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. As we can see, your blood pressure is high, the pain and headache are only due to it. So if we control your BP, then everything will be fine. Can you please tell me since when do you have these symptoms? Is thi...  Read Full »

How to manage an excruciating neck pain that radiates to the shoulder?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having excruciating neck pain that goes into my shoulder or shoulder blade down my arm for four days. I can barely move and have not stopped crying because of the problem, so I went to the emergency room last night, and they gave me a steroid shot and a Percocet tablet, but i...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, you should get your neck appropriately evaluated. A good investigation like an MRI neck will help to point out the cause of pain. As possible, a disc lesion will give such pain in most of the cases, and other structures like facet...  Read Full »

How to cure elbow and shoulder pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had pain in my right elbow and shoulder for a couple of weeks. I lift heavy weights and workout every day. I am doing this for many years, so this is nothing new. But, it is agony now to hold the bar in squats. If I am lying on the floor with the elbow at 90 degrees, I cannot put t...  Read Full »

Dr. Thomas Jefferson

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am glad to respond to your query.  Read Full »

Why am I having shoulder pain radiating to arms and hands?

Query: Hello doctor, There is shoulder pain going into arm and hands. It intensifies with moving the neck.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and below is my opinion for your case. It can be nerve compression pain due to a bulging disc in the cervical spine area. I suggest you get your detailed neurological evaluation. You should get investigated with cervical spine digital X-ray t...  Read Full »

What causes left arm and collar bone pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 32 years old. She is complaining of collar bone pain on the left side and left arm pain. Whenever there is some movement, she feels the pain. We consulted a doctor before six months. She was fine for some time, but it has started again now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the investigations done (attachment removed to protect patient identity); I feel that it is not a cardiac issue. If the pain is worse with movements as you say, I presume you are talking of neck movements or the shoulder movements again, it points towards a...  Read Full »

My chronic shoulder pain and bony protrusion is affecting my daily activities. Please suggest a solution.

Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic shoulder pain on both shoulders but more frequently on the right shoulder. I can feel a small protrusion of bone on my right shoulder when I touch, and it pains only sometimes when I touch that area. I have more pain while lying down, and when I am doing work or lifting...  Read Full »

Dr. Renjit George Marcus

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your pain. Since your pain started after a trauma it is mostly related to that. It can be due to a problem with your shoulder or your cervical spine. But the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of your cervical spine is not showing any neurologic...  Read Full »

Can my grandmother discontinue one of her gout medicines?

Query: My 83 year old mother is taking two different medications for gout. She is having lots of hand and shoulder pain, as well as weakness (unable to grip her walker and even at times hold a water bottle) I was told by the pharmacist that one of the prescriptions she's on daily is usually for flare up...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Rheumatologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, The symptoms you are describing is not usually seen or not usually related to gout unless it is chronic tophaceous gout. This may be the symptoms of : 1. CTS 2. Flare of RA If the symptoms are more in early morning and gradually decreases to some extent then it may be due to RA. If the sym...  Read Full »

Can fibromyalgia result in intense pain between the neck and shoulder?

Query: I'm a 21 year old female. I have have very intense pain right between my neck and shoulder for a year now. It feels like a "pulling" sensation. It hurts to sit without a back on a chair, lifting the laundry basket hurts and so does sitting down to do any type of activity(folding clothes, driving) I...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratap Vgm

Diabetologist

Answer: Dear madam Welcome to icliniq As appears from the query you are suffering from chronic neck and shoulder pain which aggravates on physical activity. You are taking analgesics to the maximum dosages but still pain not relieved. MRI scan is normal.. These are the stricking points that I got ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for pain near the spine and shoulder.

Query: Hello doctor, Actually my grandmother (66) is suffering from seviour back pain near spine and shoulder pain since 2 days...she used pain killer but no relief . So please guide us with your medication. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Tejash Patel

Answer: Hello, Thanks for query. Want to know regarding history of trama? Pain located to back only or radiate to legs also? Any history of tingling and numbness? Don't worry everything will be fine ,your grand mother will be alright and fine after medication and treatment.  Read Full »