Shoulder Pain

After accident, I get shoulder pain while sitting and moving the hands. why?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night, I fell from my bike on my right side as it got slipped while driving. My right hand and right shoulder directly hit the road and cause severe pain on the right side of the abdomen. A local doctor prescribed some medicine and I got relieved from my side pain. I went for an ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should get yourself examined by an orthopedic surgeon and x-ray of the shoulder region is required. Any pain in the shoulder after trauma requires evaluation and any pain cannot be considered as normal? There are chances of soft tissue alone with no bony injury, ...  Read Full »

Please explain my MRI findings for right shoulder pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain in my right shoulder probably because of my sporting activities or weight training. The doctor ordered an MRI and I got it done. I want to check if there are any findings.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your MRI report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). 1. There is a partial thickness tear involving the anterior and mid fibers of the distal supraspinatus tendon over the humerus head and can be seen to be prominent along the bursal surface of...  Read Full »

How to confirm that backache and chest discomfort is due to non-cardiac cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am living with idiopathic RVOT NSVT for over ten years now. I had my RF ablation done a 20 days ago and my ectopic, NSVT episodes have come down by 90% and I am feeling healthy generally. I had my echo, ECG, Holter, cardiac MRI. Echo, cardiac MRI are normal. Cardiac MRI was done p...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your all reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your Holter monitoring suggestive of premature ventricular beats some time occasionally, sometime in bigeminy, other time in couplet or NSVT (nonsustained ventricular tachycardi...  Read Full »

What is cervical lordosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have neck, shoulder, and arm pain. It swells in my triceps and my biceps hurts like it is torned. I can make simple moves. x-ray confirmed cervical lordosis. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally see many cases like this at my clinic. I give them rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets, and ice packs till the symptoms reduce to some extent. Then I get an x-ray and if necessary an...  Read Full »

How to get rid of shoulder pain due to supraspinatus tendinopathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I am having shoulder pain (supraspinatus tendinopathy) for eight months, as I got injured while bowling in a cricket match. I am taking Tendowell and Tendocare Forte. The range of motion is better now but there is deep pain in the top shoulder area the shoulde...  Read Full »

Dr. Chintan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you have ongoing shoulder pain. You have been diagnosed as supraspinatus tendinopathy and have been taking medications. However, if you still have symptoms that are the same and no relief then you should look into the following recommendations. How was ...  Read Full »

What to do for shoulder pain, weakness and tingling sensation on hand in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient. I am having weakness, shoulder pain, and tingling sensation on hand. I am taking the following medicines: 1. Lantus injection 26 units in the morning. 2. K GEM (Gliclazide 50 mg and Metformin 500 mg). 3. K pio (Pioglitazone hydrochloride 15 mg). 4. Tendia...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and from what you have mentioned, I would suggest increasing the dose of Lantas to 30 units once daily. Try to rotate the insulin injection sites as well. Try to walk for 30 minutes and drink 12 glasses of water daily. It will help the natural lo...  Read Full »

My mother is under medication for thyroid and has neck, shoulder pain and tremors. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, This is about my mother she is 50 in age and had been diagnosed with thyroid around two years back after that she started taking medicine Thyroxine Sodium tablet 50mg, and after few months it was in control but that a year again while she was still on thyroid medicine she had started ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, among thyroid problem, it is the hyperthyroidism that causes tremors, but your mother has hypothyroidism. It could still be due to thyroid medications if the dose is very high. Even in that case, the tremors would be on both sides and not restricted to one side...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the accumulation of fluid in subcoracoid bursa?

Query: Hello doctor,In left shoulder joint minimal fluid seen in the subcoracoid and subdeltoid bursa and also in bicep tendon. Finding symptoms of subcoracoid/ subdeltoid bursitis and mild biceps Tendinosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report is suggestive of some impingement of shoulder joint with a mild fluid collection. I recommend you to not to load your shoulder for a while. I suggest: A lot of icing for the joint like once in two hours for 15 minutes. Gentle kneading over the rotator...  Read Full »

Are resistance band exercises good for neck pain?

Query: Hello doctor,Can I exercise with resistance bands if I have neck, shoulder and back pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should realize that there are two types of exercises. Range of motion. This is recommended when the patient has pain, active symptoms, muscle spasm, and instability. Strengthening: once the acute pain has settled and a full pain-free range of motion has been achie...  Read Full »

I have severe back pain, when I breathe, yawn, or lie down. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female with two kids. For the past five days, I have severe back pain, and trouble when I breathe, yawn, or when I lay down. When this first began, it was hurting so bad that when I would lay down, I would hyperventilate. My pain is currently around my right kidney ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having two separate problems. 1. Kidney stones, along with urine infection. You have been started on pain medicines and antibiotics rightly. But the tablets will take time to act, and you need to give two days for it. If your pain is not tolerable, you need ...  Read Full »