Shoulder Pain

Can you suggest some exercise and supplements for weak bones?

Query: Hi doctor, My shoulder bone was dislocated before six months. I can move my hand upright, but while sleeping it is paining. What kind of deficiency can be there? I am eating non-vegetarian food regularly from childhood. Please suggest me some exercise and supplement as my bones are weak. Thank y...  Read Full »

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani

Fitness Expert, Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your concern. Dislocation is accidental slippage of bone from the actual space and when it happens, it will make surrounding muscles, ligaments and capsule over stretch and so ultimately pain will be due to all structures. First, you need to strengthen t...  Read Full »

Does Cissus extract promote tendon healing?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is suffering from shoulder stiffness, especially in the evening and at night. As he gets pain with some physical activities, he is avoiding most of the physical activities. Even 3 hours of car travelling will result in shoulder pain. He had an MRI scan and I have attached the re...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cissus quandrangularis extract will not help much for the tendon as such, but you can continue that for the bones. I suggest tablet Tendocare (combination of Collagen peptide, Sodium hyaluronate, Chondroitin sodium sulfate and vitamin C) thrice daily for three months befo...  Read Full »

Can laparoscopic gallbladder surgery result in radiating shoulder pain?

Query: I had laparoscopic surgery 1 week in a half ago and also hd an ercp done for a stone stuck in the duct. Ok a week goes by I had some stomach pain, bloating, and diarrhea, but most of that is gone now, This morning I wake up and had one of the most excrusiating pain in my shoulder that radiates into ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: hello I will definitely help you regarding your query Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery with ercp with or without stenting usually clear all the stones in duct. it has very low complication rate. however if complication arises it will be there within 24 to 48 hr after the procedure. it includes pain...  Read Full »

Do left arm pain and shoulder pain in an elderly patient indicates heart disease?

Query: Hello doctor, This is about my 69 years old mother, non-obese, nonhypertensive, nondrinker/smoker. She is not on any medication. She is unable to move her left arm for the past three days and also has shoulder pain, especially when not sitting. There was no injury to the arm. And the trouble moving...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ilciniq.com. Please attach the ECG report, it is not attached. Please clarify, whether the pain is prominent feature or inability to move the arm, or is it like that she is not able to move arm because of pain or fear of pain. Now, this is not indicative of heart disease. Left a...  Read Full »

Can Achilles' tendon weakness make a person fall often?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for my father's shoulder condition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am enclosing an MRI report of my father who is 70 years old. I want to know whether an operation is the only available option for his shoulder condition according to the report. If we go for the operation, then what is the success rate? Without an operation, how long will it take to get...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the MRI report enclosed by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears that there is a rotator cuff tear due to which he must be having a weakness in his affected shoulder. The decision whether surgical procedure is required or ...  Read Full »

Why am I having severe shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Approximately 4 months ago, some mild pain started in my right shoulder joint but i have not taken it seriously. It started bothering me since end of February and it was slowly worsening. I daily travel by crowded trains, approximately 25 km to my workplace and back. By middle of Mar...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be frozen shoulder, as told by orthopaedic earlier. Primary treatment of frozen shoulder is physiotherapy. Pain killer and muscle relaxants are given temporarily, start on tablet Neorelax MR 8 (Aceclofenace + Thiocolchicoside) two times a day for 5 days alon...  Read Full »

Is dead arm syndrome the reason for my excruciating shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My right shoulder is excruciatingly painful. I play quarterback in football and I am 16 years old. Since I participate in a throwing sport, dead arm syndrome is something that I suspect may be the cause of my pain. I have also noticed that my upper right trapezius if lower than my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ranjeet Singha, Pt

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As mentioned by you that you might be suffering from dead arm syndrome. At present I would suggest you to follow price protocol, that is protection, rest, ice, compression, and elevation. I would suggest you to stop doing any sports activities which aggravate your...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for my one-sided head, neck, and shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old female. I have pain on the right side of the head, neck, and shoulder. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from right-sided head, neck, and shoulder pain. Most head, neck, and shoulder pain is resulted from sprains and strains by incorrect posture or mechanical injury due to daily works. It m...  Read Full »

How to treat my lower back pain and shoulder pain due to prolonged sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am running an IT firm for the past four years. Currently, I am having two health issues related to my work. 1. Lower back pain - it started two years back and now it has become worst. Now I cannot ride a motorbike, cannot sit in a normal chair, and cannot even sleep on my sides. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, you have a typical problem with people working in an IT firm. Tell me first how much physical activity you have in your daily routine.  Read Full »