Shoulder Pain

What to do for shoulder pain, weakness and tingling sensation on hand in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient. I am having weakness, shoulder pain, and tingling sensation on hand. I am taking the following medicines: 1. Lantus injection 26 units in the morning. 2. K GEM (Gliclazide 50 mg and Metformin 500 mg). 3. K pio (Pioglitazone hydrochloride 15 mg). 4. Tendia...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and from what you have mentioned, I would suggest increasing the dose of Lantas to 30 units once daily. Try to rotate the insulin injection sites as well. Try to walk for 30 minutes and drink 12 glasses of water daily. It will help the natural lo...  Read Full »

My mother is under medication for thyroid and has neck, shoulder pain and tremors. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, This is about my mother she is 50 in age and had been diagnosed with thyroid around two years back after that she started taking medicine Thyroxine Sodium tablet 50mg, and after few months it was in control but that a year again while she was still on thyroid medicine she had started ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, among thyroid problem, it is the hyperthyroidism that causes tremors, but your mother has hypothyroidism. It could still be due to thyroid medications if the dose is very high. Even in that case, the tremors would be on both sides and not restricted to one side...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the accumulation of fluid in subcoracoid bursa?

Query: Hello doctor,In left shoulder joint minimal fluid seen in the subcoracoid and subdeltoid bursa and also in bicep tendon. Finding symptoms of subcoracoid/ subdeltoid bursitis and mild biceps Tendinosis.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The report is suggestive of some impingement of shoulder joint with a mild fluid collection. I recommend you to not to load your shoulder for a while. I suggest: A lot of icing for the joint like once in two hours for 15 minutes. Gentle kneading over the rotator...  Read Full »

Are resistance band exercises good for neck pain?

Query: Hello doctor,Can I exercise with resistance bands if I have neck, shoulder and back pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should realize that there are two types of exercises. Range of motion. This is recommended when the patient has pain, active symptoms, muscle spasm, and instability. Strengthening: once the acute pain has settled and a full pain-free range of motion has been achie...  Read Full »

I have severe back pain, when I breathe, yawn, or lie down. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female with two kids. For the past five days, I have severe back pain, and trouble when I breathe, yawn, or when I lay down. When this first began, it was hurting so bad that when I would lay down, I would hyperventilate. My pain is currently around my right kidney ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having two separate problems. 1. Kidney stones, along with urine infection. You have been started on pain medicines and antibiotics rightly. But the tablets will take time to act, and you need to give two days for it. If your pain is not tolerable, you need ...  Read Full »

Why am I having shoulder pain radiating to arms and hands?

Query: Hello doctor, There is shoulder pain going into arm and hands. It intensifies with moving the neck.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and below is my opinion for your case. It can be nerve compression pain due to a bulging disc in the cervical spine area. I suggest you get your detailed neurological evaluation. You should get investigated with cervical spine digital X-ray t...  Read Full »

I felt a vibration inside my chest with a little heavy weight on my shoulders. Should I be concerned?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 27 years old, weighing 57.1 kg and about 1.45 in length. I was busy cleaning this morning when my heartbeat felt very strange. Like it was vibrating inside my chest, it lasted for about 30 seconds and stopped. After that, I feel very tired, a little out of breath, and a heavy weigh...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Morampudi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You probably had a transient arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm). The most common type of abnormal heart rhythm at your age (assuming you do not have any pre-existing heart conditions) is supraventricular tachycardia. This can produce symptoms like palpitations, ligh...  Read Full »

I am suffering from massive stress and severe pain in neck and shoulder area. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from massive stress for the past 34 months. I have severe pain in neck and shoulder area. My head is tight, and stress levels fluctuate, racing my thoughts and giving me sleepless nights. Please suggest me medication that will help me flush all my stress and pain. ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Anxiety might be one of the main contributory factors for the symptoms you have. Racing thoughts, heaviness in the head, pain in neck and shoulder, excessive stress along with sleeplessness, etc., could be because of anxiety. If you hav...  Read Full »

How to get rid of chronic shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have extreme chronic shoulder pain in both shoulders. It keeps me away from sleeping every night for the past eight months. It is hard taking a shower or bath. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know if there was any fall or hit on the shoulder. In my opinion, I would recommend getting some soft tissue work on your shoulder rotator cuff muscles. Keep icing your shoulder frequently for 15 minutes once for every two hours. Do some posterior ca...  Read Full »

What is the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 28 years old. She is suffering from shoulder and arm pain. She has more pain during night-time and not able to get good sleep. First we consulted a doctor; he gave some multivitamin and Calcium tablets. Also advised her to do some exercise, but there is no effect. Then we consu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Uric acid levels are within normal levels. Hemoglobin levels are reduced and should be around 12 g. Most probably it is due to iron deficiency anemia. She needs to take Iron and Folic acid tablets for a month and repeat her hemoglobin levels to see that it has returned t...  Read Full »