Shoulder Pain

How long would I have to take antibiotics for P. acnes infection?

Query: Hi doctor, Four months before, I was diagnosed with P. acnes infection. It resulted from a shoulder stabilization 12 months earlier. I have had two surgeries for this. One to take the biopsies which diagnosed the infection and another to remove the sutures and clean out the shoulder joint. My surge...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your surgeon should have removed the anchors in your first surgery as they are possible contamination source. But, three months on antibiotics with no complete cure is too much time as most patients resolve in a few weeks. I suggest that you take another bone biopsy and c...  Read Full »

My grandfather suffers from shoulder pain and wrist pain. How to help him?

Query: Hi doctor,My grandfather is 75 years old. He has severe pain in his right shoulder joint and bilateral wrist joints, especially more at night for the past two months. Just before a month, he was diagnosed as diabetic. His C-reactive protein level is 64 (reference value 0-6). Is it possible to have s...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be either due to arthritis or as a consequence of viral infection in the recent past. I recommend him to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. CRP (C-reactive protein), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), serum uric acid, serum RA factor (...  Read Full »

Why do I get sudden vomiting with stomach pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. It started about two days ago when I came home from work. I had to stay awake until the next night and had a 44oz of mountain dew code red before that, I had some food that made me feel full. When I got home, my stomach felt fine for a while. I got into a smal...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from vomiting and pain on the left side with shoulder and neck pain. Vomiting may result from a wide variety of underlying health conditions such as gastritis, acid reflux, food poisoni...  Read Full »

How to reduce the pain and stiffness developed on the shoulders?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 22 years old female. I am waking up with stiffness in my shoulder and ankles. It got started before three months. Before three weeks, I waked up with pain and stiffness in my right shoulder with limited range of motion. Now, I have stiffness on both of my shoulders and ankles when I...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might have pain originating in the neck. It can cause spasm and stiffness in the shoulder. Posture during sleeping can also aggravate the spasm and it leads to stiffness in the shoulder. Get your neck and shoulder assessed properly. Try to drink a lot of fluids and ...  Read Full »

Could taking Naproxen affect heart?

Query: Hi Some advice please I was prescribed naproxen 500mg twice a day but I only take a tablet every 2-3 days when I get pain in my elbow and shoulder? Are naproxen safe? I read side effects like no good for your heart etc? I also take a lansparole 15mg tablet in the mornings? I have been taking napro...  Read Full »

Dr. Farhana Yasmin

Paediatrician, Community Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello. Greetings. Thanks for your query. No u don't have any heart effect as you are a young adult and you may have any heart problem. Do u experienced any heart problem before? If no then you can take Naproxen whenever u experiences pain with anti ulcerant coverage. Yes you can take lansoprazole ...  Read Full »

What causes severe pain and cracking sound in shoulders?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lot of pain in my right shoulder. I have difficulty lifting anything overhead and while doing any physical activity that focuses on the shoulder area. My shoulder also makes a lot of clicking and cracking that is quite painful. I previously did a steroid shot in that area to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tejash Patel

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to know your age and sex? Do you have any history of trauma, jerk, or twisting? Are you a known case of diabetes or hypertension? How long do you have pain and sound? Have you taken single or three doses of steroids? And when did you take it? Kindly answer t...  Read Full »

Though the EKG results are normal, I have severe pain in chest and shoulder. What to do?

Query: No medication currently. I was on omeprazole cause my doctor thought it was gastrointestinal related. Basically, my shoulders, pectorals and thoracic/cervical area have been bothering me daily since from 2 months. My doctor had me take an ekg in case it was heart related but it came out perfectly fi...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi welcome to icliniq. This is like Sometimes muscular problems may cause pain in the chest and upper back. Repetitive use or overuse of multiple muscle groups, for example through activities such as rowing, can lead to aching pain in the chest, back, or chest wall. I would like to know more if yo...  Read Full »

Do all chest and shoulder pain indicate a cardiac problem?

Query: Hi doctor,I have severe chest and shoulder pain for the past two days. I have a lot of fear about it, and I cannot concentrate on anything the whole day thinking if I have any heart issues.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history of pain is very insufficient to diagnose. Please provide the following information. What is the exact location of pain? Since how long do you have this pain? Where did pain originate first? What is the character of pain (burning, aching, pressure)? D...  Read Full »

What could cause neck and shoulder pain with other neurological symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have neck and shoulder pain, falling sensations, rapid heartbeat, low blood pressure, severe sicca symptoms, nose fluid, lack of air sensation, difficulty breathing, dry eyes, lack of saliva, and lack of sweating, body thermostat has broken. I feel either too cold or too hot, always...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your problems. Since when your symptoms started? Also, please describe how your symptoms began and how new symptoms sequentially appeared and worsened with time? Do you have any history of falls while walking or a history of u...  Read Full »

What is the reason for pain in the shoulder and chest with a headache?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. My BP is 157/110. I often suffer from pain in my nape down to my shoulders. Headache is like my daily ordeal. In the past few days, it is hard for me to go to sleep. I feel so tired during the day, and I am wide awake at night. I feel so tired the whole day but having ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. As we can see, your blood pressure is high, the pain and headache are only due to it. So if we control your BP, then everything will be fine. Can you please tell me since when do you have these symptoms? Is thi...  Read Full »