Sibo

How to get rid of ulcerative colitis symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had ulcerative colitis since I was 19 years old, and now I am 26 years old. I have not had urgency or blood in stool since I started taking Remicade at age 19. I have been off from Remicade since I was 24-year-old. The only symptoms I have now are belly discomfort and pain. I do n...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, since you have an established condition, thinking of other possibilities causing increased gas is a foolish thing to do. You may have these symptoms because of underlying subacute active colitis. Well, the narrowing of the lumen is not a feature of ulcerative coli...  Read Full »

I have skin rashes, stomach cramps, loose stools and tongue coating. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question regarding food intolerance/allergies. I have never had a food allergy, as far as I know. However, in May, I experienced severe tooth pain, and a fever right after that. It was an infection in my tooth but I got that cleared from the dentist. A few days later, I experien...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Toothache may can cause fever if infected. SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) or enteric fever may cause coating over the tongue. Irritable bowel syndrome or malabsorption syndrome or food intolerance or obesity may also present like this. Avoid fatty foo...  Read Full »

What is the relation between diabetes and stomach issues?

Query: Hello doctor, My stomach is not well. I also take sugar tablet Vinglyn M 1000 for the last four months and BP tablet Telkonol-AM for the last one month. I have attached the x-ray.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen you ultrasound abdomen report, that seems normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly let me know for how long your have diabetes? Since it is very important to know its duration and basically control of that diabetes in those past ye...  Read Full »

I have IBS with moderate abdominal pain and white balls in stools. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a gastroenterology issue for over a month. I have a mild to moderate upper and lower abdominal pain on the left side. The pain also extended to my left leg. Also, I pass stool twice a day (diarrhea-like stool) with large white balls in it and I am facing weight loss. I took Tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you might be having IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and you might have developed small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), with IBS which can occur commonly. In SIBO you get fat malabsorption which can lead to white stools. Can you please tell me whether you ...  Read Full »

I have IBS and seems to be related to SIBO. Please advise management.

Query: Hi doctor, I realize I have IBS symptoms and they seem to be related to SIBO. I need your advice on how to treat it effectively. Here are some symptoms and test results. Leaky gut or intestinal permeability with multiple food intolerances. Seems to have hydrogen sulfide based SIBO, severe farting...  Read Full »

Dr. Sultan Zeb Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best is to avoid eating foods that cause trouble. Secondly, for SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth), it is better to use a combination of Tetracyclines plus Metronidazole for two weeks. Effective probiotic will also help. Take the following medications: 1...  Read Full »