Sinus Bradycardia

Can bradycardia be related to sports activity?

Query: Hello doctor, I am male, 35 years old and weight 70 kilos, height 173 cm. Every year I do a medical checkup. In a recent medical check-up, there was a note related to heart rate (bradycardia), the result was 49 bpm. I also have checked manually and also using pulse meter, the result around 51 to 55...  Read Full »

Dr. Salam Salloum

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite common and normal for regular athletes to have sinus bradycardia, I saw some with heart rate down to 40 to 45 bpm daytime. At night usually, the HR is slower and it can get down to 35 bpm. As long as you remain asymptomatic that is no lightheadedness and no ...  Read Full »

Is Metpure-XL (Metoprolol) advisable in sinus bradycardia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been a high BP and sinus bradycardia (heart rate of 52) patient for the last four years. I used to take Metpure-XL 25 mg after breakfast based on my cardiologist's advice. For the last six months, I was having headache and confusion plus slightly increased urination. Last wee...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, it is better to avoid Metpure (Metoprolol) if the heart rate is on the lower side at least resting heart rate should be above 55 to 60 per minute. Also, we have other options available for blood pressure control. So, it is better to reduce the dose to...  Read Full »

How to clear the mild blockage present in my heart?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I did an ECG. The doctor examined me and told me that I have a mild blockage. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is sinus bradycardia with a heart rate of 55 to 60 beats per minute, with a right bundle branch block along with left axis deviation. There are no significant ST-T abnormalities s...  Read Full »

Do I have sinus bradycardia based on the reports?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 57 years old female. I am doing my annual health check-up for last three years. Below are some variation in my report this year, with respect to normal range. Could you please share your advice regarding this:E.C.G - Sinus Bradycardia (except this normal study. Same is there in the re...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are fine. Even heart issue of sinus bradycardia appears to be fine. This is likely an age related change and slowing of the heart rate. I guess you do not have any symptoms o...  Read Full »

I had high blood pressure and low heart rate. Is my ECG showing infarction?

Query: Hi doctor,I had high blood pressure, low heart rate. Is my ECG showing infarction? I have no chest pain. At the time of ECG, my blood pressure was 168/100 and heart beat 46.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your ECG (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The reports mentioned on ECG are machine generated and are frequently inaccurate. There is no clear-cut evidence of myocardial infarction on ECG. As you also do not have any history of ch...  Read Full »