Q. My ECG report shows a mild blockage in my heart. What to do?

Published on Nov 19, 2018

Recently, I did an ECG. The doctor examined me and told me that I have a mild blockage. Please suggest.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is sinus bradycardia with a heart rate of 55 to 60 beats per minute, with a right bundle branch block along with left axis deviation. There are no significant ST-T abnormalities seen. It can also due to age or hypertension-related change. It needs evaluation and echo (echocardiogram) to rule out the possibility of coronary artery disease. So, you should undergo echo, and if it is normal, then stress test like stress thallium or CT coronary angiography can be done to rule out the possibility of structural heart disease. Also, do a thyroid profile.

Do I require immediate examination? Can I do these tests after three to four days?

#

If you do not have any symptoms like chest pain or heaviness, shortness of breath, and dizziness, then there is nothing urgent, and it can be done in a week or two.

Is jerky septum a normal finding on the echocardiogram?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 50 years old. My echo is normal with LVEF of 50% and dobutamine stress test negative for ischemia (LVEF of 58%). But, it shows a jerky septum? Is jerky septum a normal finding?  Read Full »

What does my baby's echocardiogram report indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby's heart rate is 110 beats per minute. During examination, the echocardiogram shows S1 normal, S2 split 3/6 and continuous murmur at left infraclavicular region. What does the information indicate?  Read Full »

What will you suggest for heart block, stent or bypass?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother-in-law went for angiography, and he has two blockages 60% and 80%. Now, his doctor saying that it is urgent to get an operation and they will fix two stents. What will you suggest? Is it fine to go with a stent? Will it work lifetime? Or shall we opt bypass?  Read Full »