Q. Water comes out of nose while drinking after molar extraction. Kindly advise.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

I had a molar extraction and now water I drink comes out of my nose. I consulted an oral surgeon and he did a small surgery and gave stitches three times but no result. Is it very dangerous? Please advice further medication and treatment.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

Usually, the area should be adequately closed by suture. This happens due to a hole in nasal sinus when the upper molar tooth is extracted. It is dangerous in long term if the hole does not close on its own. The hole should heal in a week or two when the wound caused by the tooth is healed fully. If it does not and you face the same problem, then you need to ask your surgeon to properly close it again.

|