Sinus Tachycardia

What could be the reason for my strong feeling in chest at this young age?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old female. Lately, I have been feeling very anxious with a strange chest feeling, no pain or pressure, just a feeling of something is not right in there, a nervous hollow feeling maybe. I did an EKG and need to know if it is normal. My current medications are Euthyrox...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ECG (electrocardiography) is fine. It just shows sinus tachycardia, which is a normal form of elevated heart rate. So nothing to worry about it. Now considering your age and symptoms, it is unlikely to be a cardiac issue. It is probably anxiety and maybe some ...  Read Full »

Are my irregular heartbeat and palpitation due to sinus tachycardia or stress?

Query: Hello doctor, I have consulted two different cardiologists now and they both have gave me a different opinion and prescription. I have been told I have an irregular heartbeat and a high heart rate. The 24 hours Holter test concluded that I have ventricluar extrasystoles 1000/24 hour, but the day a...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your worry, but no need for you to worry. What you are having is palpitations. They often are due to benign causes. I advise you to continue with Concor and also make sure to get six to seven hours sleep at night. Stop smoking, alcohol or coffee if you ...  Read Full »

Please explain my EKG report taken for fast heart beat during rest.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, 28 years old. I do not smoke or play sports or have alcohol. I have BP borderline (130/85) at rest, I suffer from tachycardia at rest. I often have ventricular extrasystoles, frequent bigeminy, and couples of VT. My heart is mad and begins to beat very fast and loud at ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your EKG shows sinus tachycardia and probably left ventricular hypertrophy (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you said you had mild valvular leakage, there might be some other problem as well. Therefore I advise you to have echocardiography done. If yo...  Read Full »

Why does my heart rate increases very fast on exercising?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old, seemingly healthy with a history of anxiety. I recently had CBC, thyroid, kidney, cholesterol, and glucose test and all came back normal so I am not anemic or hyperthyroid. For several years, when I go from sitting to standing my heart rate increases to about 110 an...  Read Full »

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are concerned about this HR (heart rate) being atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter or SVT (supraventricular tachycardia), first, HR is usually more than 130 to 140 in these conditions, especially in SVT. Secondly, these disorders do not have any specific relati...  Read Full »

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your heart rate, it is fine to have a resting heart rate of 75 to 84 beats per minute. It does not signify any major abnormalities. Exercise, stress, anxiety, smoking, caffeine can certainly lead to pulse rate elevation. So, as you mentioned, your ECG (elec...  Read Full »

For the last six months I am having fast heart rates. Is it serious?

Query: Hello doctor,The last six months I have been experiencing fast heart rates. Just by walking my heart goes 130 to 150. I have no symptoms at all, no dizziness, no shortness of breath, no tiredness. Even by sneezing my heart goes at 150. I do not even know it till I check my pulse or put my hand in my...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears you are suffering from what is known as inappropriate sinus tachycardia. Of course, we have to see the ECG during palpitations to confirm that. I would also suggest a thyroid function test to rule out thyroid disease. It is good to exercise daily as that itse...  Read Full »

I have difficulty in breathing. Is it due to my heart condition?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking medicines for the heart. Now, I have difficulty in breathing. So, I decided to see cardiologists. Here are the findings: the study is done using standard transthoracic 2D echocardiographic views. Normal left ventricular internal diameter with left ventricular mass index (...  Read Full »

Dr. Ritendra Nath Talapatra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By reviewing your clinical symptoms and medical records (attachment removed to protect patient identity), here are the salient findings with explanations. In your echo report, you are having concentric LVH (left ventricular hypertrophy), means you are hypertensive f...  Read Full »