Q. I have a right-sided headache, and my nose is blocked and runny. What to do?

Dr. Radhika Shukla
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 19, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 21, 2021

I have a headache on the right side. My nose on the right side is blocked and water is coming out. Sometimes I have sneezing. When I look down it becomes full and I have pain. What to do?

#

You are suffering from sinusitis. The sinus that surrounds the nose secrete mucus and it is secreted into the nose. Pain near the nasal bone and headache are symptoms of sinusitis. Please mention the duration of these symptoms, any episodes of fever, describe the nature of the nasal discharge whether it is colorless or white or yellow, and any visual problems.

You can take the following medicines for five days. You can take Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the night for five days, tablet Ibugeaic plus (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol) one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the night for five days, tablet Pan 40 (Pantoprazole) one tablet in the morning before taking meal for five days, and tablet Montair FX (Montelukast with Fexofenadine) one tablet in the night for five days.

You can use Otrinoz nasal drops (Xylometazoline with Sorbitol) two times in the morning and night for five days. Take a steam inhalation through the nose after two minutes of putting the nose drops in both nostrils. You can also use Flomist nasal spray (Fluticasone propionate) two times in the morning and night for fifteen days. Shake the nasal spray and use it in both the nostrils directed away from the midline. Kindly have a follow-up after five days with the answers to the above questions to help you better.

|