Q. What causes running nose with occasional nose block in a child?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 03, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 06, 2019

My son is 7 years old, has a flowing nose. Sometimes, nose block for 7 to 8 days, light fever from today morning, cough at night especially.

#

The nose block feeling could be due to enlarged nasal turbinate or excess nasal secretion. He can be prescribed decongestant syrup for congestive symptoms. The Paracetamol syrup SOS can be prescribed for fever. His CBC should be done for further workup. You should consult him to a nearby pediatrician for detailed evaluation.

|