Q. What causes running nose with occasional nose block in a child?

My son is 7 years old, has a flowing nose. Sometimes, nose block for 7 to 8 days, light fever from today morning, cough at night especially.

Do you have a question on Blocked Nose or Paracetamol?

Ask a Doctor Now

M.B.B.S., M.D
Hematology Pathology

The nose block feeling could be due to enlarged nasal turbinate or excess nasal secretion. He can be prescribed decongestant syrup for congestive symptoms. The Paracetamol syrup SOS can be prescribed for fever. His CBC should be done for further workup. You should consult him to a nearby pediatrician for detailed evaluation.

Also Read Answers From: Blocked Nose Paracetamol Decongestant

Paracetamol for Fever
Query: Hello doctor, Is fever an immune response of the body to act as defense mechanism against infection, why is Paracetamol prescribed to reduce temperature?What will be happen, if not used?  Read Full >>
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Very much impressed by your query. Yes as you said, fever is an immune response of the body to act as defense mechanism against infection. Most of the time Paracetamol is not needed if body temperature is not crossing >102 degree F. But any temperature >102 degree...  Read Full >>

Paracetamol tablets for tooth pain
Query: Hello Doctor, Can I take two Amoxicillin 500 tablets for my first dose of medicines for a tooth infection? Is there anything at home that will take the pain away?  Read Full >>
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are taking Amoxicillin for your toothache, then let me educate you it is an antibiotic and not a painkiller. So, if you want to kill the pain, I suggest taking a tablet with acombination of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol after meals. The pain will be gone in just 1...  Read Full >>

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have rhinitis as per history. I suggest you taking Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days which is decongestant. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg BD for five days. If fever is also there, then take Paracetamol 500 mg SOS. You can take steam inhalation of warm wa...  Read Full >>

Ask a Doctor Now