Q. Can sinusitis cause bad breath?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 10, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a persistent bad breath and bad taste in my mouth. I have excellent oral hygiene, and my dentist said my teeth and gums are all healthy. My doctor said that it could be sinus drainage, but I have dealt with this for years even when I have no drainage. It is ruining my personal life with my wife and my social life as well. Please help.

#

Did you get any CT scan of your sinuses done before to rule out sinusitis?

Yes, sinusitis can cause such symptoms and to rule out that a CT scan is needed.

Sinusitis also causes nose block, headache, and post-nasal drip. So if you have any of these symptoms, then it can be due to sinusitis.

Have you tried mouth gargles for the same symptoms? If not, then you can use mouth gargles as that will help.

Also, tonsillitis causes such symptoms. Kindly send me a picture of your throat and oral cavity.

Sinusitis or tonsillitis.

CT scan of paranasal sinuses (plain).

Revert with the report to an ENT otolaryngologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-otolaryngologist

|