Q. I get watery eyes, blocked nose and sneezing during particular season. Please help.

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

My symptoms are watery eyes, blocked nose, sneezing, and runny nose with transparent fluid coming out of my nose. It gets worse when I have something from the refrigerator but I am sure it is not common cold. What other doctors diagnosed was that I have got allergic rhinitis. I feel fine sometimes when I take Montelukast FX but sometimes even Montelukast does not help. This allergy starts from starting June to about September but it is hard to live with a runny nose and sneezing.

#

The symptoms you have mentioned are of allergic rhinitis. But it is just not sneezing and watering of eyes. It causes major complications in your body starting from sinusitis to asthma which becomes permanent to your life. We have to curb it in its initial stages.

First complete cleaning of fans in your room and also the pillow covers and bed sheet. Use the mask as much as possible to prevent yourself from dust exposure. Montek FX (Montelukast and Fexofenadine) just gives you symptomatic relief on that day. You have to advance to nasal sprays and nasal washes as a permanent solution. Advance anti-allergic drugs have to be started. I need to know the details of allergies possible and have to remove the source.

|