Q. Please advise the management of chronic sinus infection due to weather.

Dr. Ana Karen Pulido

I have chronic sinus infection because of it I will face problem whole winter. What treatment should I take to get relief from cold in these winter months? Shall I make a choice for vaccination?

#

According to infectious disease guidelines, all persons aged 6 months and older are recommended for annual vaccination. For your symptoms treatment, here are the recommendations. Smoking cessation, irrigating the nasal cavities with saline reduces postnasal drainage, removes secretions, and rinses away allergens and irritants. This should be done 2 to 3 times a day thoroughly. Nasal glucocorticoid sprays (Budesonide, Fluticasone propionate, Mometasone Furoate). One or two sprays once daily. Antihistamines may be helpful if your chronic sinus has an allergic component.

|