Q. From the picture, kindly advise the treatment for my skin infection.

Dr. Kakkar

I have some skin infection for quite some time now. I have tired a few medicines for the same and I got a laser treatment once. Can you tell me what the issue is based on the images and also the possible treatment that I should undergo?

#

You seem to have eczematous dermatitis. I suggest you use a potent topical steroid like Tenovate-Gn (Clobetasol propionate and Neomycin) cream or Halovate-F cream (Ulobetasol and Fusidic acid), twice daily. In addition, I suggest you take an oral antihistamine like Cetirizine 10 mg tablet once a day for a few days.

Thanks. I will try the same. Is there any chance this is lichen planus hypertrophicus?

#

Yes, it could be lichen planus hypertrophicus (LPP). Another possibility is that it is prurigo nodularis. Both of these are forms of eczematous dermatitis. Take care.

|