Q. From the picture, kindly advise the treatment for my skin infection.

Dr. Kakkar
Published on Nov 03, 2018

I have some skin infection for quite some time now. I have tired a few medicines for the same and I got a laser treatment once. Can you tell me what the issue is based on the images and also the possible treatment that I should undergo?

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

You seem to have eczematous dermatitis. I suggest you use a potent topical steroid like Tenovate-Gn (Clobetasol propionate and Neomycin) cream or Halovate-F cream (Ulobetasol and Fusidic acid), twice daily. In addition, I suggest you take an oral antihistamine like Cetirizine 10 mg tablet once a day for a few days.

Thanks. I will try the same. Is there any chance this is lichen planus hypertrophicus?

Dr. Kakkar

#

Yes, it could be lichen planus hypertrophicus (LPP). Another possibility is that it is prurigo nodularis. Both of these are forms of eczematous dermatitis. Take care.

What is the infection on the outside of penis with white, flaky spots?

Query: Hi doctor, I have developed some sort of an infection on the outside of my penis. It has been a little over a week and there are white, flaky spots now. Can you please advice?  Read Full »

What can be done for itchiness in breast below nipple?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a-25-year old married woman. I have major itching in both my breasts. It started off on the left side but now even on the right side, it has started to itch. I am not able to keep myself from scratching and the entire part below my left nipple is bruised now. There is no redness. T...  Read Full »

What is the most effective treatment for MRSA?

Query: Hi doctor, I have struggled with staph for nine years. I have tested positive for MRSA on at least three occasions in the last 10 years and at least two other different strains of staph. I have taken Doxycycline several times, Bacetrine, and several other oral antibiotics in the past. I have also b...  Read Full »