Q. Is there any remedy to cure skin infection affecting fingers and legs?

Dr. Kakkar
Published on Jan 24, 2019

My son is suffering from a kind of skin infection. This infection occured across his fingers and leg. I am attaching photographs for the same.

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see dry, scaly, red patches. This seems like psoriasis vulgaris rather than skin infection. Psoriasis usually presents as dry, red, well defined, scaly patches on extensors like the elbow, knee, scalp, knuckles, etc. Take care.

What are the medicines to be taken? Please elaborate in brief.

Dr. Kakkar

#

Use a moisturizer, twice daily, like, Venusia Max cream. Over that, use Temovate ointment, twice daily. Take tablet Teczine 5 mg once a day for itching. Take care.

What is the most effective treatment for MRSA?

Query: Hi doctor, I have struggled with staph for nine years. I have tested positive for MRSA on at least three occasions in the last 10 years and at least two other different strains of staph. I have taken Doxycycline several times, Bacetrine, and several other oral antibiotics in the past. I have also b...  Read Full »

What is the ayurveda treatment for psoriasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have joint eczema for the past seven to eight years in both knee, the lower portion of leg and back of hand joints. My doctor says that it is psoriasis. Please clarify.  Read Full »

Can Panderm NM be used on the face?

Query: Hello doctor, I used Panderm NM. After I left using it, I got scars and pigmentation on my face. Now, I am using UniWhite Cream for pigmentation. Will this work? Should I use something else? Can you suggest something without steroids and Hydroquonine and without any side effects?  Read Full »