Q. How to get rid of the skin rashes present on my elbow, forearm and neck?

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 09, 2021

I have several small, splotchy rashes appearing on my inside right elbow, inner left bicep and forearm, and on the right side of my neck. They're all very itchy and haven't gone away for over a month. I've tried putting fragrance free moisturizer on them as well as an antifungal cream. Neither seem to be doing much. I also initially had similar rashes only on my left hip and a small one on my right waist and they went away for a while but now seem to have come back and spread to other places

#

Hello

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the affected area. This looks like Discoid/Nummular eczema, which a kind of endogenous eczema, characterized by coin shaped skin lesions with itching, redness, scaling and sometimes oozing of watery fluid. Antifungals won't work in nummular eczema. Do you or anyone in your family have any history of Asthma, allergic rhinitis, recurrent sneezing, dust allergy, urticaria etc? These things can be there with any form of eczema. Ideally one need to do KOH examination to rule out fungal infection. Apply following topicals only for 7 days and revert back 1. Mometasone cream 2. Cetaphil moisturizing cream 3. Tablet Allegra 180 once a day Take care

|