Q. I have very itchy skin rashes almost all over my body. What to do?

Dr. Subhash Kashyap
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 21, 2021

I am a 33-year-old female. I am 4'11 inches in height and 57.7 kg in weight. I have skin rashes almost all over my body, particularly on my arms, abdomen, and legs. It started about three weeks ago. They are very itchy, and I took anti-histamine medicines. I used topical ointment as well, but they did not work. I used anti-bacterial and anti-fungal creams, and they did not work. I do not have a fever, and the rashes are scattered with small red bumps. I also have one big patch of rash behind my left knee. I really need to get the right medication for my condition, and I cannot sleep and work properly because of the itch.

#

The itchy rash does occur due to a variety of reasons. Please tell me when you have them. How and from where they started. Does any other contact of yours have such lesions? A clear photo of all different lesions helps a lot. Whatever description I gathered and the medication you used and the response, it appears to be either allergic reaction or scabies, but again such reactions do not appear all of a sudden they have long off and on history. Scabies is easy to diagnose in a clear photo, and other members are also affected. I prescribe you with Tablet Fexofenadine 180 mg once daily for itching for ten days. Tablet Ivermectin 12 mg one dose only repeat this after ten days and review after two weeks. I can confirm diagnosis only after the above information and a clear photo. You can use this treatment also, but I am only 60% sure.

|