Q. I have got red rashes after taking bath in public pool. Why?

Dr. Rabia
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Mar 01, 2019

I have a red rash since I was in the public pool and spa. It is like a round shape, but comparing with the pictures of fungal infection, it is not like that. Last night I put garlic juice on it but till the morning I had terrible itching and growing in double size. Can you please help me what can that be?

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

It can be swimmer itch or dermatitis or may be an insect bite reaction (contact dermatitis) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Apply potent steroid for some time along with an oral antihistamine. You will get better. Nothing to worry about and yes it is not a fungal infection.

Swimmer itch, insect bite reaction.

Contact dermatitis to an insect.

Apply Betamethasone propionate ointment BD over the lesion for one week. Take an oral antihistamine tablet.

Maintain hygiene of the area. Wash with soap and water. Avoid using Dettol and other irritants. Do not use garlic, etc.

Please suggest a cure for my skin rashes based on the report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes similar to the rash of SLE, swollen, painful and redness around the eyes, severe fatigue and muscle weakness. These symptoms occurred a few months back after I had an intestinal infection. The doctors suspected it to be dermatolysis too, thus having a skin biopsy done tomorr...  Read Full »

Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (APD)

Article Overview: This article deals with the treatment of autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) through homeopathy. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) is characterized by skin rashes whose severity is directly dependant on the phase of the menstrual cycle. It appears at the second half of the menstrual cycle during which the progesterone begins to rise. The rashes subside immediately after menstruation ends...  Read Article

Can you suggest some creams for the skin rashes under my lips?

Query: Hi doctor, From one month, I started to observe some rashes on the skin under my lips. I have been diagnosed before with dermatitis, but this is a different kind of rash. I have attached a picture of the rash. I have already tried applying moisturizing cream, Fisiogel, and Aciclovir. I thought it t...  Read Full »