Q. I am suffering from sleep disturbances. Kindly help me.

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

I do not know where I should start. How will I tell you what exactly I feel? As I do not know either I was happy or sad, I cannot express what I think. I do not want to live, and I do not like to talk with my best friends, the family. They, ask me something about which I need to answer. I feel irritated and angry, and that makes me tired to reply to them.

When I sleep at night, I sleep correctly on time, but I woke up daily at midnight at least 2 to 3 times at night daily. I fall asleep daily in the afternoon as well if I sleep midnight I woke at 11 am on the next day. And again at 2.30, I fall asleep. And the same problem is I woke up in the middle of my sleep. This becomes a routine, and I do not know why I hate myself? But I hate my face when I see myself in the mirror. Please help.

#

All problem you mentioned are core symptoms of depression are sadness, low mood, lethargy, disturbed sleep, low self-esteem, irritability, suicidal thoughts, decreased concentration. I think you should consult a psychiatrist, personally.

Usually, there is insomnia in depression, but some time hypersomnia also possible in atypical depression. You do not need different medicine for all of your problem they will be solved just by antidepressant medication. No need to get panic and getting rid of depression is not so severe nowadays.

Various new antidepressants and psychotherapies are present. If any stressors present try to remove it or decrease impact in life, improve your coping. Moderate exercise, yoga, meditation may help you. (rule out the medical cause by an investigation like CBC, TSH calcium B12, D3 level).

|