Q. My symptoms include anger, aggression, and sleep disturbances. Please help.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 02, 2021

I am 23 years old. I have some problems. I am not able to sleep. I lash out at others with anger and aggression. It lasts less than a couple of minutes. I forget things that are told to me. I push out people due to fear of discrimination or rejection and anxiety. My mind gets stuck sometimes. At other times, I feel happy. I suffer from depression, self-harm, and lashing out behavior.

#

You are having symptoms like sleep disturbance, irritability, mood swings, anxiety, and maladaptive psychological habit like self-harm and pushing people away. These symptoms are caused due to several conditions like mood disorder, personality issues, and trauma. Please mention whether you had any medical or psychological input previously. Kindly provide this information to help you better. You need to consult a psychiatrist for a comprehensive assessment and treatment plan.

You need to have psychological therapy to reduce your symptoms. Sometimes, medications help to stabilize your mood. This can be decided by your doctor after having a comprehensive assessment. Meanwhile, you can follow some self-help interventions to manage your symptoms. Do regular exercise for 20 to 30 minutes daily. Do brisk walking. Avoid taking alcoholic drinks as it can worsen your mood. Stay connected with your trusted family and friends who can understand and support you.

|