Q. My symptoms include anger, aggression, and sleep disturbances. Please help.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 24, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 29, 2020

Im not currently on medication. Im 23 and i have some problems. Symptoms include, not being able to sleep, sleeping too much. Anger, agression lash outs that last less than a couple minutes. Locking my mind away and or dazing out and not remembering whats being said to me. Pushing people away because of fear of descrimination and or rejection Anxiety Being stuck in my own head. Then other times im super happy and hyper

In my teen years, lashing out, depression, and self harm.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

Welcome to icliniq.

You are reporting symptoms like sleep disturbance, irritability, mood swings, anxiety and maladaptive psychological habit/defense mechanism like self harm, pushing people away. These symptoms may be caused due to several different conditions like mood disorder, personality issues, trauma, etc.

Have you had any medical/psychological input before? It will help to see your doctor and get referred to a psychiatrist/mental health team for a comprehensive assessment and treatment plan. You may benefit by psychological therapy to address your underlying issues. Sometimes medication to lift your mood/stabilise your mood may be needed as well. This can be decided by your doctor only after a comprehensive assessment

Meanwhile you have to follow some self-help interventions which an help with your symptoms:

• Regular exercise for 20-30 mins daily will help with your mood. Even brisk walking will help
  • Avoid any alcoholic drinks as it will worsen your mood
  • Stay connected with your trusted family & friends who can understand and support you

Take care

|