Intense Anger

I have intense anger issues. Is it due to bipolar disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I m female, 21 years old, 4.8 height and 42 kg weight. I am suffering from psychic problem. I think I have bipolar disorder, I get too much angry, anxiety,stress, and get depressed soon. I will break every object when I get angry I will become out of mind in that time, I broke more th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your situation, I can understand it must be really difficult for you right now. What you are describing looks more like depression with anxiety, for bipolar disorder there has to be episodes of Mania which can be diagnosed after complete eval...  Read Full »

I get frustrated with negative thoughts and short temper. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I get frustrated even for very small things. I take too much stress before starting some work and thinking that it will not work and also my temper is becoming too high. Whenever I get angry I cannot control myself. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand it must be really hard for you to be in this situation. What you are describing looks like an anxiety disorder. There is nervousness in starting anything new because the mind has negative thoughts which overwhelm you and make you feel it might not wo...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine to control bad mood swings and short-temper?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from heavy mood swings. If something is happening against my will, I lose my patience and I am not able to tolerate this. That phase is very short like for a few minutes, but in that short phase, I threw something or grumble my teeth or utter bad words to anyone who is...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I must assure you that there are multiple medications which can be used to control anger. Most of these medications stabilize your brain and help in controlling mood swings after a trivial incident. The ...  Read Full »

I have extreme lows and highs, unstable relationships and anger control issues. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recently noticed that I have been having a pattern of symptoms since I was a teen, which have gotten worse in recent years. I have extreme lows and highs, unstable relationships and anger control issues. I have noticed that I do not react to bad news the way people around me do. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting symptoms like mood fluctuations, unstable relationships, anger control issues, self harm, substance abuse, etc. I can understand why you feel like having a personality disorder but these symptoms can also happen in people without personality disorde...  Read Full »

Why am I getting very angry even on little things?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some serious problem in my family. I am 20 years old and studying. But something is not going well in my family. I got angry on little things and lost my control over me and behaved like a killer. Also, I have tremors at that time. Always I feel stressed, depressed, and fatigue...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand what you are going through right now. Disputes in family and pathological relationships, they all cause tremendous stress and pressure. If you think your father is having disturbed behavior and aggressiveness, then you can consult a psychiatrist for him...  Read Full »

I am suffering from irritability, anger, and mood disorder. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from irritability, anger, and mood disorder. Now I am taking Qutan 25 once at night, but the improvement is not good. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand it must be difficult for you. But it would be helpful if you could elaborate more about your irritability and anger, i.e., since how long you have had this problem. Do you get irritated due to some reason or nothing at all? Why exactly would you say you ...  Read Full »

I have an emotionally abusive father and I am losing my sanity completely. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I do not know how to explain my situation, but shortly, I have an emotionally abusive father and two siblings younger than me. He drained me emotionally for 18 years, and now he is aiming for my siblings. I am now used to his anger issues, insults, the traumas he manages to give my mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Abusive relationships are quite painful to live in and survive. Especially when these are closed ones like father-child, siblings, etc., they left marked emotional pain through in life if left unhealed. I am afraid you did not mention anything about my mother. Her ro...  Read Full »

How to reduce the anger of my son?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is very aggressive, sensitive, short temper, get panic, hyper and angry quickly. He could not listen to any good suggestions or guidance. He does not have a mental resistance. However, he is very sincere about his studies. He has got 83% marks in his studies. Now, he is preparing fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son has suffered from viral encephalitis at a very young age, which could have been a significant insult to the growing brain. The irritability and anger outbursts are a result of post encephalitis sequelae. It can be controlled with medications. I suggest tablet Oxe...  Read Full »

I have uncontrollable anger. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have uncontrollable anger. I quickly get angry and throw things. When my anger reaches a point I start crying and I have an ache in my right head. Also, I feel weak. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are insightful about having anger issues and seeking help to address the same. How long have you been having problems with anger? Have you always had an angry temperament or is it something you developed in recent years? What do your par...  Read Full »

How to overcome sleep disturbances associated with irritation and anger?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not know where I should start. How will I tell you what exactly I feel? As I do not know either I was happy or sad, I cannot express what I think. I do not want to live, and I do not like to talk with my best friends, the family. They, ask me something about which I need to answe...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All problem you mentioned are core symptoms of depression are sadness, low mood, lethargy, disturbed sleep, low self-esteem, irritability, suicidal thoughts, decreased concentration. I think you should consult a psychiatrist, personally. Usually, there is insomnia i...  Read Full »