Intense Anger

I often get angry. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I cannot control my emotions. In certain situations, I easily get angry and irritated. I also start blaming the other person for the mistake. I take everything negatively and also speak in a negative way. I do not have patience during that time. Please give me...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an intermittent explosive disorder which is an impulse control disorder. In this, there is an explosive anger outburst during which your anger makes you do and utter things like blaming others, which you regret after the episode. Most patients descr...  Read Full »

Will pituitary tumor cause excessive anger and anxiety attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20-year-old girl having a 1 cm large tumor in my pituitary gland and I am medicated with Caberlin 0.5 once in a week. Besides this, something that worries me is excessive anger issues accompanied by anxiety and panic attacks past the last six months. I lose my temper in a jiff ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have provided a detailed and insightful description of symptoms troubling you. You are reporting excessive anger, anxiety, panic attacks, self-injurious behavior for the past six months or so. These symptoms can occur in anyone, more common in people having hi...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine to lessen sudden mood swings and control anger.

Query: I'm 27 y/o, female and 82 kgs. I want to know if I am mentally ill. I get angry easily even to the tiniest things I find it annoying. I easily burst like a volcano. My hands tremble and having anxious of what should I think about things. There are times I feel that I know everything, do everything a...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq Based on the information you have provided, there is no evidence of any severe mental health disorder. You have mentioned that your uncle has schizophrenia. Your symptoms do not indicate schizophrenia. You appear to have some emotional problems but it does not mean th...  Read Full »

How to help my extremely depressed and angry mom?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is extremely depressed and showing the anger towards my dad with the wrong assumptions. She is not at all listening to our words. Whenever we advise on this, she is showing abnormal anger, which is unusual. I tried to take her to a psychiatrist, but she is not ready to come. She ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all we need to establish whether she is really suffering from depression or any other mental illness. It is quite common to label all mental illnesses as depression. We diagnose a person as a patient of depression if the following symptoms are present for most of...  Read Full »

I have intense anger issues. Is it due to bipolar disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I m female, 21 years old, 4.8 height and 42 kg weight. I am suffering from psychic problem. I think I have bipolar disorder, I get too much angry, anxiety,stress, and get depressed soon. I will break every object when I get angry I will become out of mind in that time, I broke more th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your situation, I can understand it must be really difficult for you right now. What you are describing looks more like depression with anxiety, for bipolar disorder there has to be episodes of Mania which can be diagnosed after complete eval...  Read Full »

I get frustrated with negative thoughts and short temper. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I get frustrated even for very small things. I take too much stress before starting some work and thinking that it will not work and also my temper is becoming too high. Whenever I get angry I cannot control myself. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand it must be really hard for you to be in this situation. What you are describing looks like an anxiety disorder. There is nervousness in starting anything new because the mind has negative thoughts which overwhelm you and make you feel it might not wo...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine to control bad mood swings and short-temper?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from heavy mood swings. If something is happening against my will, I lose my patience and I am not able to tolerate this. That phase is very short like for a few minutes, but in that short phase, I threw something or grumble my teeth or utter bad words to anyone who is...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I must assure you that there are multiple medications which can be used to control anger. Most of these medications stabilize your brain and help in controlling mood swings after a trivial incident. The ...  Read Full »

I have extreme lows and highs, unstable relationships and anger control issues. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recently noticed that I have been having a pattern of symptoms since I was a teen, which have gotten worse in recent years. I have extreme lows and highs, unstable relationships and anger control issues. I have noticed that I do not react to bad news the way people around me do. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting symptoms like mood fluctuations, unstable relationships, anger control issues, self harm, substance abuse, etc. I can understand why you feel like having a personality disorder but these symptoms can also happen in people without personality disorde...  Read Full »

Why am I getting very angry even on little things?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some serious problem in my family. I am 20 years old and studying. But something is not going well in my family. I got angry on little things and lost my control over me and behaved like a killer. Also, I have tremors at that time. Always I feel stressed, depressed, and fatigue...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand what you are going through right now. Disputes in family and pathological relationships, they all cause tremendous stress and pressure. If you think your father is having disturbed behavior and aggressiveness, then you can consult a psychiatrist for him...  Read Full »

I am suffering from irritability, anger, and mood disorder. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from irritability, anger, and mood disorder. Now I am taking Qutan 25 once at night, but the improvement is not good. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand it must be difficult for you. But it would be helpful if you could elaborate more about your irritability and anger, i.e., since how long you have had this problem. Do you get irritated due to some reason or nothing at all? Why exactly would you say you ...  Read Full »