Intense Anger

Why is my daughter always sleepy and unable to focus on her studies?

Query: Hi doctor,My 14 year old daughter has some problems. She is unable to focus on studies, and she replies people without hearing them properly. She gets angry on small issues, and she is addicted to her smartphone. If we take it from her, then she becomes angry. On getting angry, she throws whatever s...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Upadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing as such to worry. Children of this age group usually behave like this. This is the growing period of their life. So, you try to be a friend to them. Try to know her problems, console her, and treat her like a friend. Take her out for a picnic and indu...  Read Full »

My wife tries cutting herself while she is in anger. How to stop her from doing it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old man. My wife also 31 years old. I have been in relationship with her for the last 8 to 9 years and out of which 3 years, we have been married. We have been in long distance relationship before we got married. She is short tempered, and I know that as we know each o...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through what you have shared. I understand that you are going through a very tough time and concerned about your wife. I understand you want to help her and which is very genuine. But with a case like this, unless the person wants help we cannot do much ...  Read Full »

My mother behaves weirdly with a lot of mood swings. How to treat her?

Query: Hello doctor, First of all, let me thank you for this platform. It is just wonderful that you make professional opinion available for people who have nowhere else to turn. My mother has been showing weird behavior ever since I can remember. The issue is that anytime someone (from our family or othe...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern regarding your mother and your brothers. You have given a beautifully elaborated history, clearly showing your mom is suffering from bipolar affective disorder (BPAD) and needs clinical assistance. She cannot ta...  Read Full »

What causes symptoms like anger, aggression, and sleep disturbances?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I have some problems. I am not able to sleep. I lash out at others with anger and aggression. It lasts less than a couple of minutes. I forget things that are told to me. I push out people due to fear of discrimination or rejection and anxiety. My mind gets stuck somet...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having symptoms like sleep disturbance, irritability, mood swings, anxiety, and maladaptive psychological habit like self-harm and pushing people away. These symptoms are caused due to several conditions like mood disorder, personality issues, and trauma. Pl...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to manage anger.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a severe anger issue. I tend to get angry for the very slightest reason, and it lasts for so long. For example, yesterday, after having time with my husband, I got provoked by what he said and kept shouting and shouting. After some time, I was ashamed of myself. As a result, he want...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an anger issue, and it will surely land you in big troubles in your life. Anger is impulsive. If you manage yourself for a minute, then your anger will dissolve. You may try to follow these when you get angry. 1) When you get angry, you should move from that p...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine to lessen sudden mood swings and control anger.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old female with a weight of 82 kilograms. I want to know whether I am mentally ill. I get angry even for tiny things. I feel annoyed. I easily burst like a volcano. My hands become trembled when I become anxious. There are times where I feel that I know everything, and I...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the information provided here, there is no evidence of any severe mental health disorder. You have mentioned that your uncle has schizophrenia. Your symptoms do not indicate schizophrenia. You seem to have emotional problems. You have problems with anger ma...  Read Full »

I get angry after remembering old incidents. Do I need to consult a psychiatrist?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old male. I do not think I am depressed as such. I am doing everything fine and having a happy family life. But, something is troubling me since a year or so. I get anger, mostly by remembering old incidents, sometimes incidents from my childhood. Mostly involving my fathe...  Read Full »

Dr. Lisa Barros Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. The thoughts seem quite repetitive and not in your control from what you are saying. Something that happened could have triggered it. Also, you seem quite disturbed about it, and it is affecting your driving. In my opinion, it is the best to c...  Read Full »

Why am I having indigestion problems with PCOS?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 56 years old, and my height is 155 cm, and my weight is 66.6 kg. I crave salty and fried foods. I am becoming short-tempered and have PCOS. I also have indigestion problems. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha Auradkar Raghunath Auradkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The file you shared (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) indicates a couple of abnormal values. As you are already diagnosed with PCOS, I would like to know if you are on any medications. Because PCOS varies from pers...  Read Full »

How to control my anger?

Query: Hi doctor, I am not able to control my feelings and getting so much of anger. My heartbeat is getting increased. I do not know what I a doing at that time. I am just scolding my friends, family, etc. But, after some time, I feel regret on thinking about that and will get into depression. Sometimes,...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The first step is to prevent yourself from acting out during anger episodes. While getting angry, either do reverse counting from 20 to 0 or deep breathing. After calming down give logical suggestions to yourself against losing temper in that particular situation. Log ...  Read Full »

Why does my son put his head to the side and hate it while going over a hill?

Query: Hi doctor, My child is 2.5 years old. I see him upset for two days when people talk around him. He is developing two molars at this moment. We went to a playgroup and he did not have issues at that time. He was fine when a kid started talking and he interacted with other kids. Today, he just lost th...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per history, there is something wrong with this hearing. Your child can have some congestions and it can cause impaired or oversensitive hearing due to glue ear. Decongestants like Cetirizine can help him. Your child can have some wax on the ears and it can cause irr...  Read Full »