Intense Anger

How to control anger and aggression due to parental pressures?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not able to overcome the past experiences I have faced due to an orthodox family background. I am trying to compete in this big IT sector in a rat race but even after trying my best, I am not content, happy and satisfied. I have quite literally fought a battle with my family to g...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to mention that sometimes you do not have control over the situations and what others do but what matters is how you cope with it. You are trying and only that matters. Regarding in-person consultation, you have to visit a nearby psychiatrist as a...  Read Full »

My baby is not attached to me. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not sure if this is the right category to post my question in. My problem is with my mother-in-law. Or maybe the problem is with me, after all.My baby boy is now 8 months old. He is a handful most days. He is not the type that plays by himself and he gets bored really quickly. He ...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an adjustment disorder. The anger and frustration are due to your new role as a mother. A mother-child bonding is unique. Nobody can separate your son from you. Of course, he belongs to you. But, he is also her grandchild and hence it is alright...  Read Full »

My 15 year old son shows a lot of anger and aggressiveness. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 15 year old son is showing a lot of anger and aggressiveness. Please see his attached files for the details. I want your second opinion. I need your opinion on the possible treatment of my son to reduce his extreme angriness, lack of patience, and restlessness. His exams are around...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to know a more detailed history of your son: Since when is he having such behavior? You also mentioned that he is very sincere about his study, and his behavior is...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for extreme anger in a 13 year old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 13 years old, weighs 45 kg, and his height is 135 cms. He sometimes becomes so angry and beats his younger brother and sometimes when things are not given to him, he becomes angry and tells he wants to go out of the house. He likes only his father and not anyone else. We ...  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would have answered the query more appropriately if you had included a little more information regarding his day to day activities, his academic performance, his peer relationship, etc. Anyways, regarding your query, it can be due to sibling rivalry, or it could be du...  Read Full »

Why is my daughter always sleepy and unable to focus on her studies?

Query: Hi doctor,My 14 year old daughter has some problems. She is unable to focus on studies, and she replies people without hearing them properly. She gets angry on small issues, and she is addicted to her smartphone. If we take it from her, then she becomes angry. On getting angry, she throws whatever s...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Upadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing as such to worry. Children of this age group usually behave like this. This is the growing period of their life. So, you try to be a friend to them. Try to know her problems, console her, and treat her like a friend. Take her out for a picnic and indu...  Read Full »

My mother behaves weirdly with a lot of mood swings. How to treat her?

Query: Hello doctor, First of all, let me thank you for this platform. It is just wonderful that you make professional opinion available for people who have nowhere else to turn. My mother has been showing weird behavior ever since I can remember. The issue is that anytime someone (from our family or othe...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern regarding your mother and your brothers. You have given a beautifully elaborated history, clearly showing your mom is suffering from bipolar affective disorder (BPAD) and needs clinical assistance. She cannot ta...  Read Full »

What causes symptoms like anger, aggression, and sleep disturbances?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I have some problems. I am not able to sleep. I lash out at others with anger and aggression. It lasts less than a couple of minutes. I forget things that are told to me. I push out people due to fear of discrimination or rejection and anxiety. My mind gets stuck somet...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having symptoms like sleep disturbance, irritability, mood swings, anxiety, and maladaptive psychological habit like self-harm and pushing people away. These symptoms are caused due to several conditions like mood disorder, personality issues, and trauma. Pl...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to manage anger.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a severe anger issue. I tend to get angry for the very slightest reason, and it lasts for so long. For example, yesterday, after having time with my husband, I got provoked by what he said and kept shouting and shouting. After some time, I was ashamed of myself. As a result, he want...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an anger issue, and it will surely land you in big troubles in your life. Anger is impulsive. If you manage yourself for a minute, then your anger will dissolve. You may try to follow these when you get angry. 1) When you get angry, you should move from that p...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine to lessen sudden mood swings and control anger.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old female with a weight of 82 kilograms. I want to know whether I am mentally ill. I get angry even for tiny things. I feel annoyed. I easily burst like a volcano. My hands become trembled when I become anxious. There are times where I feel that I know everything, and I...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the information provided here, there is no evidence of any severe mental health disorder. You have mentioned that your uncle has schizophrenia. Your symptoms do not indicate schizophrenia. You seem to have emotional problems. You have problems with anger ma...  Read Full »

I get angry after remembering old incidents. Do I need to consult a psychiatrist?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old male. I do not think I am depressed as such. I am doing everything fine and having a happy family life. But, something is troubling me since a year or so. I get anger, mostly by remembering old incidents, sometimes incidents from my childhood. Mostly involving my fathe...  Read Full »

Dr. Lisa Barros Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. The thoughts seem quite repetitive and not in your control from what you are saying. Something that happened could have triggered it. Also, you seem quite disturbed about it, and it is affecting your driving. In my opinion, it is the best to c...  Read Full »