Sleeping Pills

Is it necessary to take BP medicine lifelong?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I have recently been undergoing a lot of stress in my life in spite of following a healthy lifestyle. Sometimes, I do not even sleep for eight days continuously. A few months back, I have been diagnosed with hypertension and my BP was 160/110 mmHg. My doctor pres...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish N Garg

Cardiologist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stress is the main reason for your hypertension and lack of sleep. This can be treated by taking BP (blood pressure) medicines. Start doing some regular exercises as it helps in reducing the stress and BP as well. There are no effects on your sexual desires with the BP me...  Read Full »

Will Zopiclone have any effect on Rigevidon?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a master's student currently writing a thesis. As this is a stressful time for me, my sleep is the first thing being affected. For the past two to three weeks, I have had sleepless nights, restless sleep, and waking up in the middle of the night averaging about two to three hour...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Zopiclone is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic agent, helps in maintaining sleep, long acting, reduces the number of awakenings, improves the quality of sleep and has minimal abuse potential. The usual dose is 7.5 mg 15-20 minutes before sleeping, and should not be used f...  Read Full »

Can I use drugs to induce sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from glomerular kidney disease. I am facing sleepless nights for more than one to two months. Shall I use drugs to get sleep?  Read Full »

Dr. Kahlil Subramanian

Yoga Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You try to exclude diet such as white flour products, sugar, tea, coffee, chocolates, cola, fatty foods, fried foods, excessive use of salt and strong condiments. Breakfast should contain fresh fruits, dried fruits and whole cereals. Lunch should consist of ...  Read Full »

What is tablet Zapiz used for?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 39 years old married man, my problem is I do not get proper sleep in the night and due to this, my whole day is not good. While sleeping I get dreams as if I am awake the entire night, and when I get up in the morning, I feel that I have not slept the entire night. I have body ac...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For a sound sleep, you need to make a strict sleep schedule, which includes fixed time to get into bed and fixed time for waking up in the morning. Besides this include the following: Add regular workout in your routine. Healthy eating and drinking habits are also nec...  Read Full »

Please help with Alprazolam addiction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. My weight is 68 kg. I am married and have two kids. Because, of the disturbance made by my kids, I was not able to sleep well sometimes. So, I just started taking tablet Alprazolam 0.25 mg. Now I have been trying to gradually stop taking the medicine. So, I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concerns. Alprazolam is a habit forming drug. I would suggest you to take Zolpidem for disturbed sleep. Zolpidem is less addictive compared to Alprazolam. I will suggest you the following measures to get a sound sleep. Please try. Avoid sleeping duri...  Read Full »

I suffer from insomnia. What can be done to get a good sleep?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from insomnia that had increased in the last year. I used a lot of medications that were prescribed to me by my local physicians such as (Diazepam, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, and Mirtazapine). Initially, it is useful at the beginning and then insomnia returned. I also follow a beha...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have been in trouble with sleep disturbances for a quite long time. Also, it appears that you have difficulty in the onset of sleep rather than difficulty in maintaining the sleep. Before proceeding to management, I would like to know few things fir...  Read Full »

Is it alright to take sleep medicines for eight months at a stretch?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is having sleep issues and is taking Venlafaxine 37.5 75 mg, Arip MT 5 mg, Pacitane 2 mg and Lonazep 0.25 from eight months. Is it alright to take these medicines for so long?  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Garg

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some psychiatric disorders warrant the medicines to be continued for a long time. This is important first to attain remission and second to prevent relapse. Now, since there are problems with sleep, it would be advisable to follow sleep hygiene practices. Hope you are ...  Read Full »

Please suggest some good medicine for recurring insomnia.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having recurring insomnia now and then. In a month at least five to eight days I have no proper sleep and it is hampering my day to day activities. I lack interest. I am under stress and my mind feels foggy. I am on Escitalopram 10 mg. Please suggest me some good medicine whic...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. A lot of individuals have recurring insomnia and sometimes they suffer from nonrefreshing sleep. In some individuals depression also aggravates insomnia and thus worsens the symptoms. For depression with insomnia drugs like tablet Mirtazapin...  Read Full »

Why is sleeping pill not working for my husband?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has been voluntarily admitted into a mental health hospital for loss of reality, confusion and self-doubt. He has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar. However, his triggers and signs started eight days ago and they are working with the medication. However, he did no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If he has been diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, then his sleep disturbance is expected. There is reduced need for sleep in bipolar mania. As he is in the admission, I do not think there is a need to worry. They will treat him with proper guidelines ...  Read Full »