Q. What are the causes of a mild, throbbing sensation in the temples and a weak sensation of smell?

Dr. Vinay. S. Bhat

I have noticed a mild throbbing sensation in my temples, which disappears within a few minutes. There is no pain or pressure at the temples; however, an odd sensation comes and goes away during the day. Also, I feel that my smell sensation is still weak. I also struggle to blow out mucus a few hours after a rinse. Due to the symptoms, it has been mentally very tough for me.

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern. It would help if you were happy that all the other symptoms have subsided, and the only sign in line for recovery is the smell. Smell sensations come from extremely sensitive olfactory nerve fibers, which take time to recover. Constant worrying about smell recovery will only increase your anxiety. Give it some time to recover slowly with initial fluctuations.

Kindly get back in case of further questions.

|