Q. What is the treatment for frequent sneezing and running nose?

Dr. Nilotpal Dutta

Most of the time, I have sneezing and running nose with water for the past 2 to 3 years. I took Cetirizine for it but sometimes I feel better but after that, I face the same problem. Presently, I am not taking medicine. My age is 25 years and I am a male. l am not having past history and report, during this period sometimes I am also facing inhalation problem.

#

This is a common problem these days with a lot of industrialization and pollution around. Check your eosinophil count by doing a routine blood examination. Check blood IgE level. Do a skin prick allergy test to find out the major cause that triggers this anaphylactic response. Some conservative measures that have proven helpful in my patients are:

1. Warm steam inhalations once at night during the entire spring and autumn months.

2. Warm foot bath every night before going to bed.

3. Breathing exercises.

4. Probiotics for three months.

|